nickrosis

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Spike_it, I can't understand some of your comments and wonder if you're trying to impress people here with your bravery and prowess. In some of your other posts, you seem as if you're embellishing some incidents which casts doubt on things you may be completely honest about.

What I'm trying to say is that you need not impress anyone here because we're supportive and encouraging, deep down. You obviously have far more experience in large, difficult removals than I do, and I respect you for that. Please, consider the thought of "never stop learning" and see if that would help make your life easier and safer by learning new techniques. I mean all of this because I care about you and every other climber - I want you to be safe, efficient, and well-humored.

i'm alittle unclear on what i said that think i'm not being completly honest. i'm not looking to start a thread war. but i'm not exactly sure about what statements you question.
as for not trying a slit tail. i just don't see the advantage. maybe you could enlighten me? i've never used a throw line. i like the snap at the end of my line for the extra weight to throw it. i prefer to keep things simple. the more pieces of gear you add to a system, the more chance of failure is added.
when i started tree work i was lucky to be trained by a man with over 20 years climbing experiance. i've also worked with a guy who's still climbing at 58 years of age. most of my climbing style (good or bad) has been adapted from these 2 men. the one guy is into learning about new gear and keeping pretty current. but the 58 year old thinks i'm nuts for useing a steel core flip line. he's just too set in his ways, he would rather take raps around a tree than set up a lowering break. but if it can happen, he has seen it happen.
nickrosis, there is no one here i feel i have to impress. i actualy think i'm kind of a humble guy. there is alot of pro talent on this board and bull ????ters will be spotted quickly. it's like when you hire a new climber and he shows up with all brand new gear after he told you he had 10 years exp.
peace dude, but just give me a chance to explain what you question.

I'll back you up, nothing you've said leads me to think youve been telling any fish stories. I know guys who rig big wood the old fashion way, I just don't know why though.

I've met a few guys still climbing on 3-strand

Nick, I think it would have been better etiquette to have pursued this with email vice the open forum.

But then who am I :confused:

That's a good point, Thumper. If you've got a problem with someone's attitude, send an e-mail. Don't publish your trivial nonsense on an open forum where EVERYONE can see it. I see a lot of this name-calling and insults dragging this entire site right down the toilet. Remember, lots of people view this stuff, not just us tree people. Let's try to act like the professionals we claim to be.

Actually fellas. I gotta back Nick up here. I am noticing that Spike_it started this post, NOT Nick. I am going to take a safe guess and say that Nick PM'ed Spike_it and Spike_it then went and brought it up here. But what do I know :confused:

Agree

Yeah....I admit I am a guilty party in this matter. I didnt come here for the drama I came here for expert knowledge. Drama has been most of what I have been dealing with.

i started this thread in respnse to nickrosis's comments in a different thread. i did not recieve a pm from him. just his public doubting. i don't have a problem with nick doubting me. but i would like the opportunity to address the statements he questions. there was no name calling or blatent sarcasm from either of us. i'll be away from my pc for a few days so maybe he took his response to email which i currently can not access.

Actually, Nick apologized to Spike-it yesterday in the Climbing Saw Favorites thread in a post beginning with "you apparently think..."

Latest posts

Back