Night Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I spent most of the day in the office today so I had some energy to burn.

Here's the results. Got a little closer to finishing what I started last weekend.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks folks

And a pic of the neighbor loving you.:laugh:

What kind of wood? What is that you put on the finished slab to make it so dark? Great works of woodworking.

Neighbors are far enough away and they were up as late as I was. This is water oak and all I did to the slab was wet it just a little with water. It shows the colors that will later be brought out by the finish.

Awesome!

Thats some nice looking wood! Would you do me a favor and go over the details of your gear, what your running saw, bar, chain size, type of mill any mods ect. You have some long bars where do you get them?? Thanks

embedding pics in your post

How do you imbed your pictures into your post like that?
There are several ways... here is an easy one.
1) open up an account on photobucket.com (free)

2) upload your pics to photobucket. I usually first resize them down to about 1000x750 pixels and save it as a MEDIUM quality jpeg. This takes the size of the pic down to about 150K

3) in photobucket, click on "URL Link" under the photo you want to post, this automatically puts the link to that photo in your clipboard on your computer.

4) in your post, put your cursor where you want to post the pic and then click on the picture icon (second line of icons up on top) and paste (Ctrl V in windows) into that little window.

Thats it. When you submit your post, it will go to that url and get your pic.

Thats some nice looking wood! Would you do me a favor and go over the details of your gear, what your running saw, bar, chain size, type of mill any mods ect. You have some long bars where do you get them?? Thanks

Thanks

saw -084 modified by Dean at WPS

bars - 44" and 72" GB harvester bars, 60" Woodsman Pro (repainted Cannon Superbar from Bailey's)

chain - 3/8" and .404 full comp ripping chain from Bailey's, .325 Carlton K3C Semi-chisel reground to ripping specs.

mill- GB with mods by me

I got the GB gear from GB America which is now owned by Stens.

check out these also...

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=37090&highlight=GB

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=45983&highlight=GB

Nice slabs Aggie, real slick looking grain!

I have been vacationing and working in Italy for the last 4 weeks and really missing fiddling about with CSs. Three weeks ago I was watching someone cutting firewood in the Italian Alps and was just itching to run over and grab the saw out of his hands. Sad isn't it!

Cheers

Last edited:
Nice slabs Aggie, real slick looking grain!

I have been vacationing and working in Italy for the last 4 weeks and really missing fiddling about with CSs. Three weeks ago I was watching someone cutting firewood in the Italian Alps and was just itching to run over and grad the saw out of his hands. Sad isn't it!

Cheers

:laugh:

Confessions of a chainsaw addict.:D

Last edited:
Back