Night Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking woodgrains as usual Aggie, you'll need a slab warehouse on your place at this rate. You'll get a call one day from one of those home improvent shows for a slab as countertop or table someday.

I have a pretty good size barn they're in for now but it's filling up.

That phone call would be great. As they say, "operators are standing by...":)

I finished up this one the other night.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The last cut was good for only 1/2 of the log due to taper. I set it up at about a 45 angle and I was actually able to lock the trigger down and turn loose. You have to look close to see the chips because of the lack of light but it's milling "automatically".:)

I always try to set my logs at some angle but I'll set them as steep as I can from now on. It almost works better than having a second man on the other end of the mill.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The last cut was good for only 1/2 of the log due to taper. I set it up at about a 45 angle and I was actually able to lock the trigger down and turn loose. You have to look close to see the chips because of the lack of light but it's milling "automatically".:)

I always try to set my logs at some angle but I'll set them as steep as I can from now on. It almost works better than having a second man on the other end of the mill.

Awesome ! - I gotta try that.

Cheers

Back