Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark,

I just got it yesterday from Brian. I told him I was looking (more like hoping) for one of these so he gave me a copy. I haven't had a chance to scan it but I'm guessing there's not one floating around the site. I may not have time until between Christmas and New Year's to scan it but when I get it done I'll post it to Media fire and post the link up here and I guess on the Pioneer thread for thaose lucky enough to need one.

Tim

Yeah, I was trying to shame you into it wasn't I ? :ices_rofl:

That manual is a hard one to find. I understand how much time it takes do do them as I have done a bunch of them myself.

Whenever you get to it we understand and will be grateful.

You got a very clean saw for a great price :bowdown:. The last 306 I saw in person was in a pawn shop for $129.00; it clean for it's age, but not as nice as yours.

Sometimes responding to the 'mystery saw ads pays off. As for the melting, that saw may've been left sitting at idle for too long too often.

The melted area is very small and focused. Looks to me like a 'jet' of exhaust was leaking from the joint between the muffler halves and hitting the plastic. I may seal the two halves somehow after I do a MM.

Well, the saw came in and now I am at a crossroads, the p/c is absolutely perfect and all it needs is a MM and fuel system rebuild.

Question is do I flip it or go ahead with plans of a screaming "super" 330? Gonna be a tough decision.

That is a tough decision. I have a buddy here who may be interested in it if you decide to let it go. He's pining for a PP330 to replace the one he had and lost years ago. I might also be interested in it as another bud is bugging me to 'set him up' with a good saw.........and he's thinking about something 'modern' (instead of my old mag stuff).

3400 clutch cover

I'm looking for a clutch cover for a 3400 for my brother in law. Been liking on eBay for a while now with no luck. If anybody has an "extra" one, I'd be interested in it.

Larry

Who Knows why I bought them

Don't know why but I bought 3 nos Phelon point and condensor . Supposedly poulan part # is 530039079 and Phelon # is 09810-01. Supposedly fit the POulan Micro XXV. Can't believe this is the only saw it fits but I couldn't find any other fits. I don't have a Micro XXV and don't intend to get one , so why did I buy it??????????

Bob

Don't know why but I bought 3 nos Phelon point and condensor . Supposedly poulan part # is 530039079 and Phelon # is 09810-01. Supposedly fit the POulan Micro XXV. Can't believe this is the only saw it fits but I couldn't find any other fits. I don't have a Micro XXV and don't intend to get one , so why did I buy it??????????

Bob

Sounds like you need an XXV...

Bob

Bob, You may not have noticed but this is how you explain the reason for getting another saw to yourself or loved ones. sometimes it's three modules and sometimes it's a duck bill check valve. It is often subconcious and in fact may be brought on by the Poulan gods.
I finally bought a 2300 to see what they are all about and had no intention of doing so 1 minute before I bought it.
Go with the flow.

Gasket scans

Just thought you guys might want a scan of the 4200-5200 gaskets. Just print them out at 100% out of the PDF file on some card stock, cut em out and you now have a perfect pattern to cut out your own gaskets.

Cool, I had to buy some from Parrish last month...........

Now you wont any more.

I got to thinking today about this, I have some others I can do, some S25 kits etc and thought it might motivate some others too.

Too bad we cant start a sticky thread to put em all in sub folders etc where they could be found on demand.....

Now you wont any more.

I got to thinking today about this, I have some others I can do, some S25 kits etc and thought it might motivate some others too.

Too bad we cant start a sticky thread to put em all in sub folders etc where they could be found on demand.....

That would be great. We could add spike tracings as well

Yes but you cant find things in it without browsing the whole thread. Jpeg photos dont do any good either far as I know, they may not print out in actual size.

i guess these need uploaded to some place where they could be sorted out, by named folders.

Maybe until somebody comes up with a better location, could post them in the Poulan Lovers Group that Mike started. Doesn't get a whole lot of action as it use to, but would be easier to find in there than this long, nearly 1,500 page thread.

:cheers:
Gregg,

That is a fantastic idea

Yes but you cant find things in it without browsing the whole thread. Jpeg photos dont do any good either far as I know, they may not print out in actual size.

i guess these need uploaded to some place where they could be sorted out, by named folders.

Can we pool our credits or whatever and make a sticky? It would be great to have folders and subs, but we could do that on out own pcs.

I love this idea and will contribute all I can. The Scanner is ready.

Can we pool our credits or whatever and make a sticky? It would be great to have folders and subs, but we could do that on out own pcs.

I love this idea and will contribute all I can. The Scanner is ready.

IMHO, the best solution is a site like MediaFire.com, where you can have folders off a main directory and just pass around the link to the main directory, then everyone would have access to all sub-folders.

IMHO, the best solution is a site like MediaFire.com, where you can have folders off a main directory and just pass around the link to the main directory, then everyone would have access to all sub-folders.

So, since you seem to be the resident computer guru, I take it you would take the reigns and run this? :)

Thanks!

So, since you seem to be the resident computer guru, I take it you would take the reigns and run this? :)

Thanks!

I do agree that the thread for spikes is not all it could be ...

What I could do is ... set it up with MediaFire and then add the link to the main directory to my sig here. Sound like a plan?

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back