Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do agree that the thread for spikes is not all it could be ...

What I could do is ... set it up with MediaFire and then add the link to the main directory to my sig here. Sound like a plan?

:cheers:

Yeah. Maybe put it someplace else also, like the Poulan lovers group. It would be nice if it could be open to other makes and models as well wouldnt it?

OK ... give me a day or two to muckety-muck around with this ....

I dunno.... Some of the guys in here are getting pretty old. Better make it one day...;)

Awesome when someone else's great plan comes together and we all benefit!

Bob, You may not have noticed but this is how you explain the reason for getting another saw to yourself or loved ones. sometimes it's three modules and sometimes it's a duck bill check valve. It is often subconcious and in fact may be brought on by the Poulan gods.
I finally bought a 2300 to see what they are all about and had no intention of doing so 1 minute before I bought it.
Go with the flow.

I've decided that when they arrive I'll send a set to anyone here who needs points and condensor for their Micro.I was originally thinkiing they might fit an S25 but I don't think they will.
Bob

I've decided that when they arrive I'll send a set to anyone here who needs points and condensor for their Micro.I was originally thinkiing they might fit an S25 but I don't think they will.
Bob

No they won't fit a S25. Thing is I don't think they made the point ign Micros that long.

Nice of you to offer them up though. I think I have a new set myself.

Kostas,
Here is an owner's manual for the 5400 saw which will show you how to remove your clutch on your 4200 so you can get at the oil pump and replace the hose.

Whoops, sorry it was too large to attach.

Go to this Poulan company link and download it.

User Manuals | Poulan

Tim

Thanks Tim,i got it.I thought something like that but i was afreaid to tap the clutch for a break or something.The clutch threads are opposite of the flyweel nut so with a wrench on the flyweel nut to hold the engine,i was trying to remove the clutch but with no luck.I will go to try it right now and will post.

Thanks Tim,i got it.I thought something like that but i was afreaid to tap the clutch for a break or something.The clutch threads are opposite of the flyweel nut so with a wrench on the flyweel nut to hold the engine,i was trying to remove the clutch but with no luck.I will go to try it right now and will post.

Yep. if you broke the end off that crank that would be enough to make a grown man cry.

Yep. if you broke the end off that crank that would be enough to make a grown man cry.

I am back with excellent news.I pull the clutch off,pull the pump without any damage on the gasket and replaced the line.Now it oils like crazy.I think that maybe its time for a vid but it is dark now.Tomorrow the first thing i'll do is to cut some woods with that beast.Thanks for everything Tim.

I am back with excellent news.I pull the clutch off,pull the pump without any damage on the gasket and replaced the line.Now it oils like crazy.I think that maybe its time for a vid but it is dark now.Tomorrow the first thing i'll do is to cut some woods with that beast.Thanks for everything Tim.

That's why we have infrared cameras here so we can quietly sneak into other people's woods, test out our saws on their trees with vids and then run like hell (with the chain brake on for safety)

Glad you got it fixed. My 5200 oils like that with the 20" bar. I can't saw I ever saw a post about poor oiling on that series.

Looking forward to your video.

That's why we have infrared cameras here so we can quietly sneak into other people's woods, test out our saws on their trees with vids and then run like hell (with the chain brake on for safety)

Glad you got it fixed. My 5200 oils like that with the 20" bar. I can't saw I ever saw a post about poor oiling on that series.

Looking forward to your video.

Haha,good point Tim.We have infrared cameras too but you can't call the 4200 a quiet saw.Once i fire it up someone will hit me in the back.Besides my wife thinks i am going crazy running a saw in the middle of the night.

My 306A oils like a crazy too with the 20" bar but no adjusting oil pump.I set the oil pump in the middle on the 4200 and i think it will be more than ok with the 20".

Haha,good point Tim.We have infrared cameras too but you can't call the 4200 a quiet saw.Once i fire it up someone will hit me in the back.Besides my wife thinks i am going crazy running a saw in the middle of the night.

My 306A oils like a crazy too with the 20" bar but no adjusting oil pump.I set the oil pump in the middle on the 4200 and i think it will be more than ok with the 20".

I have mine set lower than that but yours may oil at a different rate than mine.

I have mine set lower than that but yours may oil at a different rate than mine.

Yes,sure it may.I didn't test it.When i saw that oiling too much,turn it off,adjust the pump like i said and let it.Tomorrow we'll see.I am really happy because every time i pull apart a different part of the saw,i see that it is almost unused.The worm gear and the oil pump gear was like new.

Yes,sure it may.I didn't test it.When i saw that oiling too much,turn it off,adjust the pump like i said and let it.Tomorrow we'll see.I am really happy because every time i pull apart a different part of the saw,i see that it is almost unused.The worm gear and the oil pump gear was like new.

The fact that those oiler gears actually run in oil has to help them to stay like new.

Glad to here it was just the oil line keeping it from oiling.

The fact that those oiler gears actually run in oil has to help them to stay like new.

Glad to here it was just the oil line keeping it from oiling.

You're right Mark.What i didn't like is that the oil pump seal isn't too tight.Hope it won't leaking.

I am having trouble with my 3750 oiling. Its a mess oil all over everything, with the clutch cover off it seems fine, with the bar and chain on at high rpm it ends up everywhere. Before I dig into it is there anything I should check first? Does it have to do with the bar?

Thanks, Andy

Latest posts

Back