Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. The OEM spike is just plain fugly and takes up too much useable bar length. You did a great job freehanding it. I'll probably attempt the same with the spike on my PP330 soon.

266501d1355022602-330-1-jpg

266503d1355022613-330-3-jpg

Thats why they ran 22" bars on them. At least with the Poulan, theres a reason for stuff.

Sometimes, its not a good one. Like in that case.

I got this Dayton badged 245 several years ago and it was missing the starter rope and handle.

Daytonsaws008.jpg

Finally had a chance to look at it today, and after struggling to get the flywheel to pop off (tried the old tapping method) I resorted to a small 3 jaw puller and had immediate success. Since I am missing the handle and no parts saws made the move with me, does anyone have the entire assembly? Probably easier to go that route and bolt it right up.

Poulan245starter.jpg

I got this Dayton badged 245 several years ago and it was missing the starter rope and handle.

Daytonsaws008.jpg

Finally had a chance to look at it today, and after struggling to get the flywheel to pop off (tried the old tapping method) I resorted to a small 3 jaw puller and had immediate success. Since I am missing the handle and no parts saws made the move with me, does anyone have the entire assembly? Probably easier to go that route and bolt it right up.

Poulan245starter.jpg

I might. Let me check my bins....

i got a poulan pro PP5020AV in craftsman black plastic is there any other bar that fits it
im sure a 16' or a 18' would be better than the 20' because it seems like to much bar for a 50cc saw.

i tried the bar and chain from my wildthing and it didn't work any pointers? :(

Best Replacement Chain for my Poulan Pro 5020av?

I'm gonna be cutting into some really huge stumps and rounds of "Hedge" aka Osage Orange...and I've got my factory chain sharpened for the adventure but some veterans from this site advised me to take at least 2 spare chains...only suggestion was an Oregon 72LPX070G for clean wood & 72DP for dirty wood...most of this stuff was dumped by Tree crew who were saving money from hauling it around!

Any other suggestions as this wood is known gobble and dull chains like nobodies business? :chainsaw:
Last, but not least is there an option on this saw to go to a 16 or 18 inch bar...just curious?:msp_w00t:

Thanks Reggie

I'm gonna be cutting into some really huge stumps and rounds of "Hedge" aka Osage Orange...and I've got my factory chain sharpened for the adventure but some veterans from this site advised me to take at least 2 spare chains...only suggestion was an Oregon 72LPX070G for clean wood & 72DP for dirty wood...most of this stuff was dumped by Tree crew who were saving money from hauling it around!

Any other suggestions as this wood is known gobble and dull chains like nobodies business? :chainsaw:
Last, but not least is there an option on this saw to go to a 16 or 18 inch bar...just curious?:msp_w00t:

Thanks Reggie

I ditched the vanguard chain after using it one time didn't like the looks at it first hand and cut like crap. I bought 2 oregon super 70 chains from a local husqvarna dealer i believe it was 72LPX chain. Cuts good in either dirty or clean wood i have cut up 7 rock maples and 2 black walnut trees with it and it is still sharp.

SOLID JAKE!!!:clap:

Appreciate cha!:rock:

I ditched the vanguard chain after using it one time didn't like the looks at it first hand and cut like crap. I bought 2 oregon super 70 chains from a local husqvarna dealer i believe it was 72LPX chain. Cuts good in either dirty or clean wood i have cut up 7 rock maples and 2 black walnut trees with it and it is still sharp.

SOLID JAKE!!!:clap:

Appreciate cha!:rock:

Thanks im still hunting a part number for a bar and chain but no dice yet. if i can find one i plan to muffler mod it later.
When i bought this saw thank goodness i bought five poulan carburetor tools BECAUSE now they are impossible to find.
I had to richen the H speed on this saw out of the box wouldn't rev at all i got it a bit fat but i want this saw to break in properly before i lean it back a hair.

Seems like a really good saw im glad poulan has stepped up the plate on the saws the only problem this saw has is it oil ways to much the bar oil tank runs out before the fuel tank.

i got a poulan pro PP5020AV in craftsman black plastic is there any other bar that fits it
im sure a 16' or a 18' would be better than the 20' because it seems like to much bar for a 50cc saw.

i tried the bar and chain from my wildthing and it didn't work any pointers? :(

Thanks Reggie

Get a 16" 3/8's bar for a Husqvarna 55 Rancher and put it on thos 5020's. They use the same bar mount on both of them.

Thanks Mark....man it's always a blessing to grab some advice from you my friend!!!:msp_thumbsup:

Tell me this will that 16 Husky bar enable me to tear through that "Hedge Wood" a lot more efficiently:msp_confused:????

Get a 16" 3/8's bar for a Husqvarna 55 Rancher and put it on thos 5020's. They use the same bar mount on both of them.

Thanks Mark....man it's always a blessing to grab some advice from you my friend!!!:msp_thumbsup:

Tell me this will that 16 Husky bar enable me to tear through that "Hedge Wood" a lot more efficiently:msp_confused:????

Should be able to the problem with box store saws are they put to large of a bar on it and most saws work better with smaller bars. My poulan wild thing came with a 18' bar and i subbed it for a 14' which fits it better.

Hmmm...that's really something! I guess they kinda play on the "human notion" that everything's that is bigger is better".

I'm still brand new @ this whole deal with saws...so I will ask this goofy question...shouldn't I be able to swap the bars without any complication or should I entrust that to a Dealer or one of my Logger partners?:confused2:

Should be able to the problem with box store saws are they put to large of a bar on it and most saws work better with smaller bars. My poulan wild thing came with a 18' bar and i subbed it for a 14' which fits it better.

Hey Mark, This is from a the Husky site...perhaps its not up todate, but I'm not seeing any 16" bar for Husky 55 Rancher with 3/8 only .325 or the sandy & dirty condition type bars:

Husqvarna Solid Bars with Armor Tip
Bars designed for dirty and sandy conditions
For Models: 55 Rancher, 455 Rancher, 257, 261, 362XP, 357XP, 359, 460
Bar Length Pitch Gauge Drive Links $ Buy Bar Here! $ Buy Chain Here!
16" 3/8 .050 60 608000010 501842560
18" 3/8 .050 68 608000012 501842568
20" 3/8 .050 72 608000014 501842572
For Models: 365, 288XP, 372XP, 385XP, 390XP, 394XP, 395XP, 570, 575XP
Bar Length Pitch Gauge Drive Links $ Buy Bar Here! $ Buy Chain Here!
16" 3/8 .050 60 608000030 501842560
18" 3/8 .050 68 608000031 501842568
20" 3/8 .050 72 608000032 501842572
24" 3/8 .050 84 608000035 501842584

BBB Reseller RatingHusqvarna OEM Chainsaw Bars

OTE=Modifiedmark;3998670]Get a 16" 3/8's bar for a Husqvarna 55 Rancher and put it on thos 5020's. They use the same bar mount on both of them.[/QUOTE]

Want to buy a 16" 3/8 Husky55 Rancher Barto replace 20" bar on Poulan Pro 5020av

Where can I find this combination?

A good friend of mine whose a Poulan/Husky Pro said they have the same bar mount...just wondering about drive link and is there any other compatibility issue's before I spend the dough? :dizzy:

Was getting acclimated to the Poulan, but I believe I'll see greater efficiency with the 16" or 18" bar on a 50cc saw!:msp_w00t:

Thanks

Reggie

Latest posts

Back