Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where can I find this combination?

A good friend of mine whose a Poulan/Husky Pro said they have the same bar mount...just wondering about drive link and is there any other compatibility issue's before I spend the dough? :dizzy:

Was getting acclimated to the Poulan, but I believe I'll see greater efficiency with the 16" or 18" bar on a 50cc saw!:msp_w00t:

Thanks

Reggie

You can go to Baileys here which is a sponser of this forum. They sell Husqvarna 455 Ranchers which use the K095 mount and they might carry a bar in 16" 3/8 pitch .050 gauge. I believe ModifiedMark indicated the 5020 used the same mount. Are you sure your existing bar and chain is a 3/8 pitch or sometimes referred as .375. It should indicate it on the bar somewhere.

Reggie i did some searching and came up with this as per my manuals and catalogs looks really good from here
----------------------------------------------------
CHAIN-- Oregon super 70----72LPXO60G
BAR---- Oregon power match plus----160RNDK095
-----------------------------------------------------
SPECIFICATIONS
60 DL / 3/8 P / .050 G /

Hmmm....Sounds pretty good Jake...now if I can just get these Stooges in my area to have it in stock...else I'll have to order it!:(

Thanks a Million Man!:clap:

Reggie i did some searching and came up with this as per my manuals and catalogs looks really good from here
CHAIN-- Oregon super 70----72LPXO60G
BAR---- Oregon power match plus----160RNDK095
-----------------------------------------------------
SPECIFICATIONS
60 DL / 3/8 P / .050 G /

no problem my southern brother of another mother anytime you need help just give me ring :jester:

Forgot one thing if you are truly dealing with dirty wood you cant get a hardnose bar as dirt is hard on the rollernose bars anyways i have the bar number if you need it.

I ran a 16 inch bar on a Poulan 4200 for many years. The saw came with a 24" bar. It cut so fast I removed the dawgs because they would catch and slow it down as it dropped through red oak. That combination worked well for me.:D

Stephen, Thats kinda like pulling a pop-up camper with a Peterbuilt or Kenworth.:D:D:D

:cheers:
Gregg,

since the conversation has tended to bars i have a question as well.
my red craftsman 3.7 (poulan 3800 [right mark?]) has a 16" b&c. i want to go up to 20".
what is the mount number? and what other saws have the same mount?
thanks

my red craftsman 3.7 (poulan 3800 [right mark?]) has a 16" b&c. i want to go up to 20".
thanks

All of the 3400.3700,3800,4000,4200, 5200 and whatever others use the Oregon D176 mount. 20 " bar in the D176 mount uses a 70 dl chain, 66 dl for the 18 in. and 60 for the 16". Forgot they are all 3/8 pitch
Bob

PS here is more info:http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...be9970357dbcb17f88256e0e001f67e3?OpenDocument

Last edited:
thanks

Jerry, Most red Craftsman 3.7's were 3700's. They use the D176 Oregon mount that most of the other Poulans from that era do. 3400, 3700, 3800, 4000, 306, 245, 4200, 5200 etc.

Gregg,

LOL, I guess I need to type faster, to beat Bob to the punch. Another popular bar for them was the Windsor made bars also. Model number or name escapes me now...brain fart.:dizzy: They look similar, but have a slightly larger bar slot. Them are the ones you need the hard to find S-clip for.

Gregg,

LOL, I guess I need to type faster, to beat Bob to the punch. Another popular bar for them was the Windsor made bars also. Model number or name escapes me now...brain fart.:dizzy: They look similar, but have a slightly larger bar slot. Them are the ones you need the hard to find S-clip for.

Gregg,

Gregg, I was so fast I forgot about the 245 and 306 saws.

Last edited:
I understand that the 330 and the 3450 are the same saw in different colors but I am curious why? Is it because they made them at different times or what?

So the bar I kept when I sold my Wright 136/Poulan 361 should work on my Craftsman 3.7/Poulan 3700?

I understand that the 330 and the 3450 are the same saw in different colors but I am curious why? Is it because they made them at different times or what?

If someone can explain the Poulan model numbering systems used over the years I'd love to hear it :confused:. I'd guess the changes (three? four?) in ownership had something to do with it.

Well when the Poulan Pro line was introduced, it was to put the pro saws in the hands of the stocking dealers only, thats why the change to yellow.

They were getting upset at the saws being sold in the box/farm stores etc.

As you can see with the Elux deal, things got switched around alot and Poulan ended up becoming a consumer only brand but they seemed to keep the Poulan Pro brand to be used where ever.

Jerry, Most red Craftsman 3.7's were 3700's. They use the D176 Oregon mount that most of the other Poulans from that era do. 3400, 3700, 3800, 4000, 306, 245, 4200, 5200 etc.

Gregg,

Gregg, I was so fast I forgot about the 245 and 306 saws.

Gregg, you and Bob did an awesome job recalling all the saws from that era that use the D176 mount but I thought I'd muddy the waters just a bit by adding that the 6900, 7700, 8500 saws have a 3/8" bar stud and require a D196 mount. Those are the ones you need the S clip to mount onto the others.

Latest posts

Back