Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody should tell this guy his saw is way underpriced also. He had a guy posting rants that it was only worth $50:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

16" POULAN COUNTERVIBE 3400 CHAIN SAW

How about it. And I hate it when a saw comes with an extra bar and chain that would have cost me 50 bucks to buy. Oh.... Wait... That's what we're missing guys....

The saw on eBay is a 20 inch and the other saw is only a 16 inch saw. Doh..... There's the price difference.

Ok, Which one of you old geezers or young snots snagged the 245A, for $80 ? Had a Total bar on it.:D
I saw it last night, just before I went to bed, put it in my watch list, just for the heck of it.
Was gone this morning. Was a buy it now, those don't last long, I should have known.

:cheers:
Gregg,

268049d1355699579-img_1555-jpg

sweet.

Ok, Which one of you old geezers or young snots snagged the 245A, for $80 ? Had a Total bar on it.:D
I saw it last night, just before I went to bed, put it in my watch list, just for the heck of it.
Was gone this morning. Was a buy it now, those don't last long, I should have known.

Gregg,

This ole geezer didn't get it but i would have. I've figued out that my Dayton version of that saw makes a pretty handy saw.

got my junk yard 306A running this weekend. forced a "rock" chain on the bar just to play with. replaced totally gunked up fuel line/filter, cleaned the fuel tank, cleaned the carb (all diaphragms looked new, but gasket and diaphragm on pump side were swapped-been there done that). replaced some parts with the help of AS friends bob, roger, mark j, and someone else who's name i can't remember. would love to post full-size pix but the new system's got me flummaxed.

got my junk yard 306A running this weekend. forced a "rock" chain on the bar just to play with. replaced totally gunked up fuel line/filter, cleaned the fuel tank, cleaned the carb (all diaphragms looked new, but gasket and diaphragm on pump side were swapped-been there done that). replaced some parts with the help of AS friends bob, roger, mark j, and someone else who's name i can't remember. would love to post full-size pix but the new system's got me flummaxed.

Looks to me that if the pics are large memory pics off your computer they come up as thumbnails. If you download to something like Photobucket where the memory size is small they come up full size. Haven't tried it yet.

My guess its a S25cva. Don't believe the 25 series came with antivibe. Could be wrong but don't think so. Get that saw.

Bob the S25-CVA is an AV saw. Has rubber AV buffers at the rear of the top handle, at the front of the top handle (where the wrap handlebar mounts), and at at the bottom wrap handlebar mount. "CVA" stands for "Counter Vibe" (Poulan's term for "Anti Vibe") "Automatic oiling". There were also some late production Poulan Pro branded 25 series saws with different AV mounts. They were labeled "S25AV".

Last edited:

Gregg,

Gregg I posted a 245 for $25 about a week ago in Ohio. If your into driving for them. Ad read. For Sale, Poulan 245SA chain saw. Runs well, spits gas from gas cap. $25.00 There was a TA for $75, 4200 with 20 and 28 $125, 3400 $75.

I post this stuff elsewhere in CL's thread for members on the hunt for saws. All kind of good buys listed I'm just not into driving when I'm working 7 days a week right now.

3E73M83mc5E55J95M4cccc8dc87255ba71721.jpg

Last edited:
Gregg I posted a 245 for $25 about a week ago in Ohio. If your into driving for them. Ad read. For Sale, Poulan 245SA chain saw. Runs well, spits gas from gas cap. $25.00 There was a TA for $75, 4200 with 20 and 28 $125, 3400 $75.

I post this stuff elsewhere in CL's thread for members on the hunt for saws. All kind of good buys listed I'm just not into driving when I'm working 7 days a week right now.

I wasn't really serious about buying it Kevin. Was just curious if any one here bought it.:msp_tongue:
I been pondering that 4200 though, with the two bars. But can't afford it, now that I been putting money into this 5200 project & Christmas.:msp_ohmy:

Gregg,

I wasn't really serious about buying it Kevin. Christmas.:msp_ohmy:

Gregg,

Just in case ;) you never know. :msp_thumbup:

I watched a like new JD 66 I could have bought for $425 off CL. Didnt want to drive 3hr round trip and no use for the twins whatsoever. I did offer to guy I have known for awhile if he wanted it I would snag it for him and ship (one time offer and owe him a favor).
Guy town up from me bought it and flipped it on ebay for $900. IMO :msp_tongue::msp_tongue::msp_tongue: born everyday. JMO

actually instead of following your instructions i just skimmed them (i'm bad about that) and after i right clicked on the thumbnail and copied i went to the "insert image" icon and pasted it there. worked great. didn't even realize i hadn't followed your instructions until i reread it. oy vay. again, thanks for the help.

actually instead of following your instructions i just skimmed them (i'm bad about that) and after i right clicked on the thumbnail and copied i went to the "insert image" icon and pasted it there. worked great. didn't even realize i hadn't followed your instructions until i reread it. oy vay. again, thanks for the help.

That is how I do it.

Bob the S25-CVA is an AV saw. Has rubber AV buffers at the rear of the top handle, at the front of the top handle (where the wrap handlebar mounts), and at at the bottom wrap handlebar mount. "CVA" stands for "Counter Vibe" (Poulan's term for "Anti Vibe") "Automatic oiling". There were also some late production Poulan Pro branded 25 series saws with different AV mounts. They were labeled "S25AV".

Yup.. I've got 3 of each. Somehow I got mixed up as to what post I was responding to. Lets call it a "senior" moment. Getting a lot of those lately.
Bob

What is attached to the handle of this 3400, is it a scrench holder? I haven't seen one like that before but I can see that it would be very handy. I used to put mine in my pocket and it was always poking me.

attachment.php

View attachment 268175

Sure looks like it. Owner seems to have made an attachment to add to the top handle. Good idea assuming it wouldn't fall out when cutting.

Latest posts

Back