Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally found a oilier with a good gear and got the 2150 all together, oilier came out of a half melted craftsman saw that had been in a garage fire, oilier had not been affected.

Photo0783_zpscc5c5df6.jpg

Pro 325

I finally found a 325, I'd been looking for one ever since I saw ModifiedMarks NOS one. Mine is not so nice but still I think OK. I could use a chain adjuster and a chain catcher if anybody has any laying around or see's them for sale on eBay I'd like a chance at them.

Thanks,

Gerry

I could use a chain adjuster and a chain catcher if anybody has any laying around or see's them for sale on eBay I'd like a chance at them.

Thanks,

Gerry

I've had 2 of those. A 1 owner bought new and another one bought back in 08 or so that wasnt as nice.

I'm thinking the bar adjusters are same as 500 5000 490 590 etc. Catcher is different then my 5000 ones. I'll check to see if I have one like this.

Last edited:
I've had 2 of those. A 1 owner bought new and another one bought back in 08 or so that wasnt as nice.

I'm thinking the bar adjusters are same as 500 5000 490 590 etc. Dont recall which catcher was on 325 though.

Well thanks that helps in what I'm looking for. I wasn't sure since I don't have an IPL yet.

I finally found a 325, I'd been looking for one ever since I saw ModifiedMarks NOS one. Mine is not so nice but still I think OK. I could use a chain adjuster and a chain catcher if anybody has any laying around or see's them for sale on eBay I'd like a chance at them.

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry congratulations on the find. I love those saws. Mine isnt NOS though, just in really nice shape.

Like Kevin said, I'll bet you can get them new still.

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Save the noodles, buy a 50 cent cupcake tin and 25 cent bag of drooping candles at a yard sale and make yourself some 'cupcake firestarters' that you can keep or sell for 50 cents apiece next time you go flea marketing for another saw.

Really. -WSJ

I graduated HS the same year Poulan introduced the ground breaking at the time Micro XXV, 1977.

About 2 years before I started working at the AC and Poulan dealership.

There were some other commercials around that time frame from Poulan as well, but I can't remember them off hand.

That time frame was good for Poulan as they were putting out some good stuff that was laying the ground work for better things coming.

Mark: Please change your avatar. Now. It makes you appear old . . . (and I graduated HS before you!).

Poulan 3000

Needed something to do so I decided to put togehter a 3000 from saw parts I have. Got it all together but in doing a pressure/vac test I have an air leak, at the plug. Threads are somewhat worn but not that bad. Leak is less using antiseize compund but not sure it will hold up to the heat. Wonder if its time to do a helicoil?
Bob

No worries about being the oldest. HS class of 64.

Nope , I'm still king. Class of 63. Don't know why I'm happy about this?

Well I guess we're officially geezers!

I all of a sudden am getting a burst of youthful enthusiasm. :D:D:D
And feel like I should shout! or type in large bold print, so redunshee & Showme can read this.

Not really fellas. I'm feeling my age more & more every day. Tomorrow, I will be a pall bearer for my uncles funeral. He was 87. Back in the early 90"s, he was my golf partner in a group of us farmers that tried to get out and play at least once a week. Seems like only yesterday.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Shoot, I just realised, I remember seeing that commericial on TV when it first came out and I feel older now......

The best part of growing up in the 70's, is you could have a Poulan green leisure suit.....Stayin alive, stayin alive, class of '79:rock:.....I remember it as well:(

Back