Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks bud.

At first glance I thought the stud was broken off.

attachment.php

Don't know on the IPL. Powerhead belongs to Mo.Jim.

Just lookin' out for him.

Can anyone tell from the photo in the CL ad which CounterVibe model it is?

pullman chain saw

I can't tell (my blood isn't yet green enough :)), and the seller says the model number is worn off. I ask because I'm interested if it's a 3700 or larger. TIA!

Looks like it's a 3400. The 4000 has a different (raised for air filter) cover and the 3700 typically have vent slots in the rear side of the air filter cover. Not sure if it could be a 3800 but the label should be a different style on them and the top was black I think. The only way to tell is to pull the muffler and look at the rings and measure the cylinder bore.
Anyway, if it's a runner that's a very good deal. It looks to be in pretty good shape & I would jump all over it.

Last edited:

Looks like it's a 3400. The 4000 has a different (raised for air filter) cover and the 3700 typically have vent slots in the rear side of the air filter cover. Not sure if it could be a 3800. The only way to tell is to pull the muffler and look at the rings and measure the cylinder bore.
Anyway, if it's a runner that's a very good deal. It looks to be in pretty good shape & I would jump all over it.

Thanks, Tim :msp_thumbup:. It's located in my area of town, I'll probably contact the seller to arrange a look-see.

Thanks, Tim :msp_thumbup:. It's located in my area of town, I'll probably contact the seller to arrange a look-see.

It might only be a 3400, but if it is a runner, I think it is easily worth $45.

Check the oiler if you can. OEM oiler parts are no longer available, I'm pretty sure.

It might only be a 3400, but if it is a runner, I think it is easily worth $45.

Check the oiler if you can. OEM oiler parts are no longer available, I'm pretty sure.

Just so you guys know, Baileys claims to have 530024345 oil pump diaphragms in stock. I called and they said they had them. After a few e-mails back and forth over shipping costs, they came back and said that shipping to me via USPS would be $24.00 for a diaphragm and suggested I go elsewhere.
Those of you in the lower 48 might want to give them a try. I managed to find another source and have ordered some and am waiting delivery. If they do in fact come, I will let you guys know so you can stock up.

Lots of neat stuff at Bailey's and I would like to do business there but their shipping costs to Canada are outrageous. I can get stuff from others like a couple of sprockets, a few carb kits, air filters etc. from the southern US for $8.00 shipping.

Hey fellow poulan lovers. I'm not tryin to drum up business, but I am gonna have quite a bit of poulan stuff in the classifieds on here in the next few days, and just though yall might want in on some of it. Keep a look out. :msp_wink:

Hey fellow poulan lovers. I'm not tryin to drum up business, but I am gonna have quite a bit of poulan stuff in the classifieds on here in the next few days, and just though yall might want in on some of it. Keep a look out. :msp_wink:

The clutch cover on my 3400 is bust. Just sayin.

And you didn't bring it with you on Saturday???:dizzy:

Picked up a PP 335,it's filthy,but should clean up decent. It has good fire and blows 165 lb comp,pulled the muffler and p/c look real good. It has the thin rings,fuel lines are in pieces and probably needs a carb kit.

I have a K100 that I traded for at the Carthage GTG,it was stuck. Piston looks good through the exhaust,I have been soaking the piston and cylinder for four days. I might try to see if it will move tomorrow if I have time. You can't get in a big hurry on these type of jobs,patience is the key word here.

Thanks Carl,I need a lot of looking out for. I need all the help I can get.

I printed out the last page of the IPL showing the bow attachment parts. I'll put it with the powerhead.

Swapped mufflers around and cut a large maple cookie with the Dayton. Nothing fell off.......................................................:msp_biggrin:

Just so you guys know, Baileys claims to have 530024345 oil pump diaphragms in stock. I called and they said they had them. After a few e-mails back and forth over shipping costs, they came back and said that shipping to me via USPS would be $24.00 for a diaphragm and suggested I go elsewhere.
Those of you in the lower 48 might want to give them a try. I managed to find another source and have ordered some and am waiting delivery. If they do in fact come, I will let you guys know so you can stock up.

Lots of neat stuff at Bailey's and I would like to do business there but their shipping costs to Canada are outrageous. I can get stuff from others like a couple of sprockets, a few carb kits, air filters etc. from the southern US for $8.00 shipping.

Don't get your hopes up when it comes to Poulan parts from Baileys. I doubt they actually stock any of these older Poulan parts. They instead use several 'drop shippers'. Last winter I ordered a bunch of Poulan Pro 330 parts from Baileys. All were listed as available for order (not backordered). Some were "ships within 5 days" and some were "ships in 7-10 days".

Over the course of a couple months, a few parts came in. No updates other than when stuff shipped. Went back and forth with several emails. Eventually they told me that the parts were backordered, and that it "sometimes happens" with the "7-10 days" parts. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE ordering. I finally got word that their drop shipper states that the parts were NLA. What a waste of time...

Back