Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get your hopes up when it comes to Poulan parts from Baileys. I doubt they actually stock any of these older Poulan parts. They instead use several 'drop shippers'. Last winter I ordered a bunch of Poulan Pro 330 parts from Baileys. All were listed as available for order (not backordered). Some were "ships within 5 days" and some were "ships in 7-10 days".

Over the course of a couple months, a few parts came in. No updates other than when stuff shipped. Went back and forth with several emails. Eventually they told me that the parts were backordered, and that it "sometimes happens" with the "7-10 days" parts. Would have been nice to know that BEFORE ordering. I finally got word that their drop shipper states that the parts were NLA. What a waste of time...

Well I took the bait and order a couple diaphragms. From what you stated looks like I "took the bait" real good. Think I 'll call them this AM to see if the parts are actually available.
Bob

Poulan Pro 325 paint

Anyone have an idea what color paint comes close to the Poulan Pro 325 or 655 paint color? Only need it for one saw so I want to avoid the cost of a custom blend. Thinkng a rattle can spray. Hopefully there is something out there that's close.

Bob

Well I took the bait and order a couple diaphragms. From what you stated looks like I "took the bait" real good. Think I 'll call them this AM to see if the parts are actually available.
Bob

Hey Bob,
How about let us know if the parts are really available. I was getting ready to order some.
Thanks,
David

Anyone have an idea what color paint comes close to the Poulan Pro 325 or 655 paint color? Only need it for one saw so I want to avoid the cost of a custom blend. Thinkng a rattle can spray. Hopefully there is something out there that's close.

Bob

Dont know how close this is to your 325 yellow color.

Out of a can for $6

5000 on the right I think is close to 325 yellow.

yellowpaints001.jpg

5000 cover put on 325 to show yellows.

CopyofPP325006.jpg

Dont know how close this is to your 325 yellow color.

Out of a can for $6

5000 on the right I think is close to 325 yellow.

yellowpaints001.jpg

5000 cover put on 325 to show yellows.

CopyofPP325006.jpg

The Poulan Pro color seems to have a little more orange in the yellow but your color isn't too bad. May get some and repaint entire saw. What brand did you use?

The Poulan Pro color seems to have a little more orange in the yellow but your color isn't too bad.

The lighting isn't the same in those 2 photos. Look at the white siding in the background. It is whiter looking in the second photo. That would probably make the yellow in the second picture look lighter, too.

Eccentric (Aaron) and I did some trading, I got this fine PP330 and I sent him one of my 3 4000s. Aaron muff modded this one, my other 330 is stock, Im looking forward to seeing the difference. Mine is set up with 3/8" and the new one is .325".
Heres the 3/8" stock saw which I think is a great saw from the box.

To the total disgust of our better halves, all chainsaw guys rugs look like that.

I quit wearing my shoes and boots on the carpet(when we still had it) long ago. Nobody likes getting steel chips jammed in their foot, and the soles of my footwear carry that stuff everywhere.

Evening fellas. I had the pleasure of meeting another fellow member this after noon, and Ill be damned, two lumps of faded green magnesium followed me home. One is a Super 68 and the other looks identical but has a different tag on it (couldnt make it out). Looking forward to digging into them. any info on the saw would be greatly appreciated. should be able to get some pictures tomorrow evening. Might have to start beoming a regular on this thread. Really starting to like Poulans. Hope everybody is doing well.

Back