Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not do the 111 first? The rest will seem so much easier. :laugh:

Really, there not hard if you know what your doing and its just mostly you have to take a lot a part to do the oiler line correctly. You will also want to do crank seals and oiler duckbill valve for it to operate correctly.

I think I have the service manual here for it.

Well, Micro is up and running! New fuel line, filter and a carb clean was all it needed....except....no bar oil. Searching around for cures. And perhaps a parts breakdown.

Well, Micro is up and running! New fuel line, filter and a carb clean was all it needed....except....no bar oil. Searching around for cures. And perhaps a parts breakdown.

See post #27314 in this thread.

Just finished mine. I had too much bar oil...but the fix(es) are the same.

Just picked this up, today

Starts and runs, but needs fuel system attention. Gas tank is nice and clean inside. Anyone have a spare air filter cover knob, carb bracket, and idle screw??????

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am loading up a very nice 4900 to hand deliver in Reno, NV for a half way point. I bet I have the longest drive on record for a chainsaw trade as it will be about 12 to 14 hours depending if I have to pull over and take a nap. Good thing I am going that way anyway. Then I will be heading another 2 hours south for some nice desert heat to warm my bones.

I am loading up a very nice 4900 to hand deliver in Reno, NV for a half way point. I bet I have the longest drive on record for a chainsaw trade as it will be about 12 to 14 hours depending if I have to pull over and take a nap. Good thing I am going that way anyway. Then I will be heading another 2 hours south for some nice desert heat to warm my bones.

So Homelitejim, what do you get for your end of the trade?

So Homelitejim, what do you get for your end of the trade?

a bigger red saw, something that would reflect my name.

Yep. Jim's gaining 23cc in the deal. Thanks Jim for hauling the saws. You're saving both of us shipping $$$ by hauling the saws to/from my bud's house. Makes sense since you're headed through there anyways. Have a safe trip. Here's a couple pics for the road. This powerhead is now packed up in a box (was waiting to be shipped) and standing by at my friend's place.

CAM00065.jpg

CAM00063.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see!

What was the final verdict on the top end repair?

Just so you know, Chris came up with the aftermarket PTO seals for those certain sandcast saws. I'm waiting to catch up with him to get them and I forgot already the # of them. :laugh:

Its just a temp job. I cleaned the cylinder best I could, and cleaned up the piston. And used the best rings out of the 5 I had. Need to eventually find a better top end.

Doesn't look nearly as sharp as yours. Did you paint yours? What kind of paint?

yikes....you are the king of the countervibes.......:msp_wub:

LOL. Those are Homelitjim's pictures and his saws. The only saw in those pics that is mine is the 4900. He's about an hour away from meeting up with my buddy in Reno (where he'll hand over my 4900 and take his 1050A).

Only Countervibe model that I have multiples of is the S25-CVA. I have a few of those plus the 4900 (that'll be in my hands this Thursday), my 4000, and a couple 3400 carcasses that'll make one runner.

Last edited:
uh oh,:msp_scared: this is how the Poulanitis starts...brief exposure to one good old Countervibe then all hell breaks loose....:msp_scared:

Ha! I've had the green fever for a long time. Don't see many of that series (4200-8500) around here though. In fact, I've never seen any listed closer than 100 miles away on my local CL. I have a 5200 project (that came from the Sacramento area) and a 4200 parts saw (that came from an AS member in another state) already.

My friend in Reno (who's not a saw nut) did mention that he thought I wasn't doing well in the trade because Jim got a big heavy box (taped shut as it was waiting to be shipped) while I just got the 'little' Poulan. I'm sure he's never ran a saw over 50cc, so the 'little' 4900 would surprise him quite a bit.

Good thing it doesn't have a bar, or I'm sure he'd be tempted to fuel it (with God only knows what) and cut up some pallets or something (not many trees in Reno/Sparks). He's a bit of a redneck (more than me)....:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back