Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a chance to pick up a fairly nice looking 3600 (at least from the pics) if it's still available tonight. I don't know how commion they are with you guys but I know it uses the same P+C as the PP365. For those of you that own a 3600 or 365 or have used one, what's your opinion of them?

I have a 365 Tim and if your 3600 runs anything like the 365 your going to like it.

Sorry Tim. No dice......unless you're sending me a P-60/655 series saw in trade for it.:D

The 240 is basically an overgrown Super2 with more displacement, AV, a rear handle, and some proprietary parts (such as the AF). Not a bad saw really..........but they won't do anything a 42cc Wild Thing type saw can't do. I'm making a runner out of two given to me. If you part that bugger out save the AF for me...

The Pioneers don't run as hard

Pictures please of the 3600, I want to see the top covers. Still trying to get a firm grip on the differences between a 3500 and a 3600. I got a guy with a 3500 that he brings me to service and his has the narrower top covers and a single pawl starter setup compared to my 365...

Any areas you want me to measure or just pics?

Anyone have a chain brake/ cover like this that they would sell/trade?
This one came on a 3700 I'm redoing, I different than other ones I've seen.
Nothing on Ebay, The other style seems to go through the bay once in a while but not this style.
Thanks! jim

I'm such a dope...The ones on Ebay are this style:msp_unsure:
jim

3600 pics, covers & starter

Pictures please of the 3600, I want to see the top covers. Still trying to get a firm grip on the differences between a 3500 and a 3600. I got a guy with a 3500 that he brings me to service and his has the narrower top covers and a single pawl starter setup compared to my 365...

The cylinder cover PN is 530036812 molded in 1993 (IPL callls for 530069392 which apparently superceded 530036812) , the rear cover PN 530036038, molded in 1994
If I didn't capture something you need to see, let me know.

DSCF0629_zps28ae2994.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hopefully it will. The P & C look really good. Compression is at 181 lbs.

Thanks Tim, that's exactly what I wanted to see.

That 3600 is exactly the same as a 365 except that it's green instead of yellow far as I can tell.

Like I said the 3500 That I see from time to time has a narrower top cover and a single pawl starter.

Edit,

just looked at the picture of that starter and you sure look like your ready for a new pair of pawls for that thing.

No biggie, there really cheap from Poulan.

Last edited:
Its the actual bakolite arm that's cracked its attached to a grounding strap only replacement
I've seen is the entire point assy i was wondering if just the point arm was common to some extent. Would the saw be wothe the 20$ 53-11243 set? Never run one of these. View attachment 301723

since you're wanting to bench this until you come across a points assmbly what is the part number of the points assembly and what poulan saw is it equivalent to?

Thanks Tim, that's exactly what I wanted to see.

That 3600 is exactly the same as a 365 except that it's green instead of yellow far as I can tell.

Like I said the 3500 That I see from time to time has a narrower top cover and a single pawl starter.

Must have been mix and match due to stock restrictions or tooling capacity / issues

poulan 245a fuel tank gasket

Good morning, new to this forum so I apologize if I have just jumped in to your conversation. I am not to mechanical minded but I know I need a gasket for my poulan where the gas tank comes apart. Is there somewhere I can order one or get matierial to make one?

Good morning, new to this forum so I apologize if I have just jumped in to your conversation. I am not to mechanical minded but I know I need a gasket for my poulan where the gas tank comes apart. Is there somewhere I can order one or get matierial to make one?

You are in the right place. They are available on line from what I can see for around $6.00. The part number is 530019005.
I understand that they an be difficult to seal up or maybe some other issue(s) so you may want to ask on here what issues you may run into and how to avoid them.

Welcome to the Poulan thread.

poulan 245a fuel tank gasket

You are in the right place. They are available on line from what I can see for around $6.00. The part number is 530019005.
I understand that they an be difficult to seal up or maybe some other issue(s) so you may want to ask on here what issues you may run into and how to avoid them.

Welcome to the Poulan thread.

Thanks for help. Is there a best site to order from?

Thanks for help. Is there a best site to order from?

Just do a google search,

Poulan 530019005

and see who comes up, price and shipping.

It is an old part so I would advise you phone them supplier to verify that they have it or are sure they can get it. Many list parts they don't have / can't get and leave you hanging for 2 months.

You could also call one of the site sponsors, Chainsawr and see if they may have one. I found them good to deal with.
Phone: 802-533-7133

Hours: 8am to 6pm eastern

Email: Email

20 Hall Rd. Stannard, Vermont 05842 USA

Back