Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Mark. I am doing a M.M. and a port job on the walker, replaced the rear slides with wheels, trued and balanced wheels, set caster and camber for max grip in the corners......thinking of led headlights and mp3 player addition and a scabbard mount for the Poulan Micro for trail maintenance, just need to get a set of off road wheels for it and maybe cross brace the frame. and of course a beverage holder.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Careful not to get stopped for speeding.

I know it's mid summer and everyone is busy with summer things, I know I have but I think I have to report that I have not forgotten saws yet and may have another cool big lime green one in line to be here sometime in the next future.

Stephen , take it easy on that new hip. Hope I don't end up having to get a new shoulder any time soon.

I havn't posted much lately, was cutting & splitting wood till the last couple weeks of constant rain & t-storms. :msp_mad: But did get out and do some "summer stuff" as you say. Not saw related, but something I havn't been to since the mid 1970's.

Went to the NHRA drag races last week in Norwalk Oh. Managed to dodge the rain for a while.
First thing I thought of when standing there listening to a nitro car idling, was 3 92cc Poulans. LOL:laugh:

Here are a couple pics. I know its a little off topic, but what the heck, its a slow summer.

DragRace021_zps4b4b852f.jpg

DragRace030_zpse21705fc.jpg

DragRace013_zps43c31c90.jpg

DragRace035_zps908dacc6.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Yep that's what i meant. after letting sit i was able to work it out but there is definitely a burr in the thread about half way down. i guess i need to chase it with a tap. does anyone know what thread the needles are?

Brian

was it hard taking the screws out when you first started? if you just finished cleaning the carb up it might be as simple as a dry hole. i've found resistance in the hl screws when they are dry. i always dip the screws in some mix before replacing them in the carb body.

I havn't posted much lately, was cutting & splitting wood till the last couple weeks of constant rain & t-storms. :msp_mad: But did get out and do some "summer stuff" as you say. Not saw related, but something I havn't been to since the mid 1970's.

Went to the NHRA drag races last week in Norwalk Oh. Managed to dodge the rain for a while.
First thing I thought of when standing there listening to a nitro car idling, was 3 92cc Poulans. LOL:laugh:

Here are a couple pics. I know its a little off topic, but what the heck, its a slow summer.

DragRace021_zps4b4b852f.jpg

DragRace030_zpse21705fc.jpg

DragRace013_zps43c31c90.jpg

DragRace035_zps908dacc6.jpg

Gregg,

Great shots, there is nothing on the face of this old earth (that I know of) that will stop your heart, make your ears bleed, and make your nose burn like nitro..........it is awesome......

Gregg,

Make sure you take notice that no matter what name or body is on those cars they all get their POWER from a CHRYSLER HEMI derivative!!!!!:D:D:D

Mike

Make sure you take notice that no matter what name or body is on those cars they all get their POWER from a CHRYSLER HEMI derivative!!!!!:D:D:D

Mike

I somehow thought you would make that point Mike! :D That has been the case for years in the top fuel classes. But, I'm not so sure anymore. Just by going on what the announcer's comments that Ford has come up with some new race engines/pieces/parts etc. From Ford's SVT/Racing division. I know the Cu. In. limit for the nitro cars is 500 cu.in. The Fords all carried a Boss 500 designation on them. It doesn't make any difference to me either way. 8-10,000 HP is pretty spectacular, no matter who made it..:msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

If you saw guys will allow me one more Pic, LOL Here is one for Mike' See, I did take pictures of a Dodge!!! :laugh: He might have even won the class, don't remember, I was only there for first & second round qualifying.

DragRace031_zpsd29d6517.jpg

Gregg,

CL Score

My craigslist score. Nice and minty, loads of compression and nice spark. Not one scratch on the p/c looking trough the exhaust. Need to replace the fuel lines though.

688P602.jpg

33v1Hpp.jpg

3xOVkgv.jpg

WKVTxjN.jpg

GLaQoOX.jpg

All For............................................................... $50.00

Last edited:
If you end up having to get saws with the ez start system let me know what you are going to do with the good ones:yoyo:

I can pull a saw over with either hand so good luck with that wishful thinking. :hmm3grin2orange:

I did just post a good Dolmar in the classifieds though.

I somehow thought you would make that point Mike! :D That has been the case for years in the top fuel classes. But, I'm not so sure anymore. Just by going on what the announcer's comments that Ford has come up with some new race engines/pieces/parts etc. From Ford's SVT/Racing division. I know the Cu. In. limit for the nitro cars is 500 cu.in. The Fords all carried a Boss 500 designation on them. It doesn't make any difference to me either way. 8-10,000 HP is pretty spectacular, no matter who made it..:msp_thumbsup:

Gregg,

Screw the NHRA. Went over to Joliet IL a few years back to watch the big boys there and those bastards hit me up $8 for a glass of beer.

Hell I know places I could get a beer and a hooker for $8 so I don't need the NHRA ever again. I can get a cold 6 pack at Eldora for like $12! :hmm3grin2orange:

Screw the NHRA. Went over to Joliet IL a few years back to watch the big boys there and those bastards hit me up $8 for a glass of beer.

Hell I know places I could get a beer and a hooker for $8 so I don't need the NHRA ever again. I can get a cold 6 pack at Eldora for like $12! :hmm3grin2orange:

Just tell us how you really feel huh? Grouchy old codger........

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

thanks Mark. I am doing a M.M. and a port job on the walker, replaced the rear slides with wheels, trued and balanced wheels, set caster and camber for max grip in the corners......thinking of led headlights and mp3 player addition and a scabbard mount for the Poulan Micro for trail maintenance, just need to get a set of off road wheels for it and maybe cross brace the frame. and of course a beverage holder.....:hmm3grin2orange:

A Mac Kart engine with a pipe would be nice. Keep your pants out of the chain though.

My craigslist score. Nice and minty, loads of compression and nice spark. Not one scratch on the p/c looking trough the exhaust. Need to replace the fuel lines though.

All For............................................................... $50.00

You ain't kidding nice and minty!

You suck!

Back when Norwalk was still IHRA , I goofed off there late 80's till mid 90's in my slow street car for fun the same way I did saws for fun. Notice how the building was in the middle back in 1994.

poulansign001.jpg

Last edited:
3400 power mate sprocket and rim

Yes!!!

Mike

I am changing from a spur to power mate sprocket and rim. I have the parts in hand. When I was looking at it today I realized that the instructions inside the box were less than clear. I hav the washer and bearing in place. Inside the new sprocket is a raised area, do I need to use the large washer that was behind the clutch with this sprocket?

Back