Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any interest in a NIB Poulan Pro 330?

Got a lead on some of them and will check it out after work. They will be a bit higher then the TSC last price on them, but then again you cant get them anymore either..

Depending on how many you get and are not spoken for and the price , I might consider getting another 330. Just let me know.

The verdict is in......PP655BP. The cylinder *appears* to be perfect looking through the muffler outlet, starter cover is bad, brake is going to need parts, and ignition *appears* to be bad. BTW, the studs I can't figure out why they are missing, holes are not stripped or broken.

After further evaluation I think this saw may have a bad bottom end bearing, not the rod but a bad crank bearing. NP as I have parts. It does have a top fin broke and another one with a small chunk out, no biggie as I would run that cylinder anytime but like I said I do have a NOS p/c for it. The bottom of the case does have the PP655 tag too.....

Told ya!!, I have a good set of studs that iI think will fit from a farmsaw doner you can have for shipping, I just need to get them out of the case.

Jim, thanks for the offer but I've got several sets of studs here for that saw.

She will be getting broke down and sent off for powder coating and then she will get a port job during final assembly.............

This workday is dragging. .

I'll know in a few hours now if it's a deal or not. Not trying to get hopes up, just feeling out how many would want one if I can get a bunch as my pocketbook will be hurting for a bit if they come through.

Maybe not SOOOO much!!!
I'm in for one too.
Let me know if you need some $$$$$

Mike

After further evaluation I think this saw may have a bad bottom end bearing, not the rod but a bad crank bearing. NP as I have parts. It does have a top fin broke and another one with a small chunk out, no biggie as I would run that cylinder anytime but like I said I do have a NOS p/c for it. The bottom of the case does have the PP655 tag too.....

Jim, thanks for the offer but I've got several sets of studs here for that saw.

She will be getting broke down and sent off for powder coating and then she will get a port job during final assembly.............

Be careful, the main bearings are not common configuration. Special bore and radius on inner race. I got mine from PartsTree. You cannot trust the number on the outer ring.

I have a pair of crank shaft seals left over you are welcome to. That is, unless, you get a full gasket set. The full gasket set contains a pair of crank seals.

Carl.

More than one type of 'Wildthing'.

dboyd351 and I have discovered that 'Wildthings' use two different oil pumps.

attachment.php

Y'all prolly know that but, we didn't.........................................................:msp_sad:

Well, at least I drove two runs in.

View attachment 309311

Mine ain't quite that bad. Last night at the gym we were doing drills and I angled a kick wrong. The top of my foot hit the other fellow's elbow right on the point of the bone. :cry: Muay Thai is fun. :biggrinbounce2:

Today at work I managed to smash my hand with a 20 ounce ball peen. Not so much fun.

Mine ain't quite that bad. Last night at the gym we were doing drills and I angled a kick wrong. The top of my foot hit the other fellow's elbow right on the point of the bone. :cry: Muay Thai is fun. :biggrinbounce2:

Today at work I managed to smash my hand with a 20 ounce ball peen. Not so much fun.

Looks like this is not our lucky week.

Achilles issues are not fun. I have been dealing with Haglund's deformity in my right heel for 15+ years that irritates my Achilles. At times I can barely walk when I get out of bed.

Yup, for a long time too. It looks like I snapped my Achilles tendon.
I find out Thurs what the options are but I need to get to repaired. Long physio period I hear.
P'd me right off.

On the bright side, you can see well enuff to smack the ball.......................................................................................:eek:uttahere2:

Yup, for a long time too. It looks like I snapped my Achilles tendon.
I find out Thurs what the options are but I need to get to repaired. Long physio period I hear.
P'd me right off.

Well that just sucks!

Sorry to hear that happened..

I had some good lookers when I was in therapy for my shoulder, made it worth going. :msp_thumbup:

I hope not but, it is what it is. All I keep thinking about is missing the Poulan GTG.
It's not likley I will be bound up that long. I just depends when I have surgery and how long before I can walk on it.

Who knows between now and then but I'm thinking there is a chance I might be having a operation that would keep me from running a saw then as well.

It wont stop me from going though, we can set and watch the action together, next to the beer cooler. :msp_rolleyes:

Back