Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but he says it runs, not just fires.

Your nit picking wording of the seller. But I have RUN a saw with no carb and just used a squirt bottle to prime and then to feed it to watch it RUN. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Just as he posted it and how I read and understand it. ( saw will fire and run when primed ) makes since to me will run when primed.

Last edited:
Well, I took care of that. I, too, have a Craftsman Rear Handle 2.3 (2300) AV that I haven't been able to get quite right yet.
I figure between that one and this one I'll get at least one good runner out of it. I like the green color better anyway:rock:.

If I remember, while I am back in Virginia in a couple of weeks I will pick up my 236 that I bought new and bring it back with me to carry to the GTG at Gregg's.

Here's a couple pics of the twins I picked up today.

Both have good P/C's and decent compression. I didn't put a gauge on them, but they'll both fire with a little gas dribbled down the carb. If the tank top and AF cover from a 306 will fit, I can complete the one that's missing those parts. Do the starter housings interchange between the 306 and 245?

The one with the roller nose(oregon) still has PS chain on it.

Nice haul. But I like that grey one myself. :msp_thumbup:

Here's a couple pics of the twins I picked up today.
Both have good P/C's and decent compression. I didn't put a gauge on them, but they'll both fire with a little gas dribbled down the carb. If the tank top and AF cover from a 306 will fit, I can complete the one that's missing those parts. Do the starter housings interchange between the 306 and 245?

The one with the roller nose(oregon) still has PS chain on it.

Nice grab on the 245s :msp_thumbup:! Which model is the Echo?

Went out the other day to cut up a big elm with the 445. I was using a 24" bar on it. I got about half way through the cut and then noticed there was a lack of 4 stroking when I eased up out of the cut a little. I retuned and tried it again and pretty soon same thing. So I put it away. Looks like it is time to do a little work on this one. First time I have had trouble with it so no big deal and there seems to be a lot of parts still available. I have never done any fuel line impulse or seals to this saw so I may just go through it real good and then not worry about it next time out.

I did finish my cutting with a J-Red 670 I had with me. That's not a bad saw either.

For all of you GTG guys...

Would any of you be interested in die-cut Poulan vinyl decals? Price will be around $.080 an inch ($8.00 for a 10" long decal, $4.00 for a 5" decal) with a discounted price for multiples. I can custom order, just let me know in advance. I will try and pop out a few examples tomorrow night. These will all be cut on Poulan green outdoor vinyl, and will look fantastic. I plan on cutting mostly "Poulan" logos, and a maybe some "Poulan CounterVibe" decals, both would look great in the back of a truck window. Thought you guys might be interested, just give me a shout. Really looking forward to the GTG this year, had a great time last year!

Would any of you be interested in die-cut Poulan vinyl decals? Price will be around $.080 an inch ($8.00 for a 10" long decal, $4.00 for a 5" decal) with a discounted price for multiples. I can custom order, just let me know in advance. I will try and pop out a few examples tomorrow night. These will all be cut on Poulan green outdoor vinyl, and will look fantastic. I plan on cutting mostly "Poulan" logos, and a maybe some "Poulan CounterVibe" decals, both would look great in the back of a truck window. Thought you guys might be interested, just give me a shout. Really looking forward to the GTG this year, had a great time last year!

I could be interested.

Mike

How well will one of these 245's pull 24" full comp in hardwood, assuming it's in good shape? I'm thinking that it ought to be ok at 74cc, but I've got no experience with them.

The complete one needs the tank top pulled off and a new fuel line installed. The old one is laying on the bottom of the tank with nothing on the nipple. What do I use to reseal the tank? While I'm at it, anyone have a part number for crank seals?

if you'll mail order them I want a couple...

Went out the other day to cut up a big elm with the 445. I was using a 24" bar on it. I got about half way through the cut and then noticed there was a lack of 4 stroking when I eased up out of the cut a little. I retuned and tried it again and pretty soon same thing. So I put it away. Looks like it is time to do a little work on this one. First time I have had trouble with it so no big deal and there seems to be a lot of parts still available. I have never done any fuel line impulse or seals to this saw so I may just go through it real good and then not worry about it next time out.

I did finish my cutting with a J-Red 670 I had with me. That's not a bad saw either.

Good save Roger. I had a similar experience with my SXL-925W while bucking some 30"-36" Douglas Fir. Unfortunately, the piston got scored a bit. I'll rebuild it this winter. Too many projects ahead of it...

Eye candy.

Yes please.:D

Last edited:
Back