Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 8500 looked to be a good deal to me. I didn't get it though.

I finally got around to putting a bar and chain on my Poulan 3000 though, what a great running saw. Those saws have a real good feel to them, pretty quick in the cut too.

I just got back from the hospital and the incision is healing well and I have a cast on now instead of a splint which makes me a little more stable on my crutches. I will be getting an adjustable boot on in three weeks so they can start cranking some tension on the tendon which should be a real treat.
I will still be in a boot when I come to the GTG and may be able to put some weight on the foot by Oct 12 so I will hopefully be able to try a few saws out. I will only be able to bring one saw as I won't be able to lift much by the time the GTG rolls around. Maybe I could hobble around and take a bunch of pics and videos if anyone wants to give up their cameras while they're cutting. That way I could at least be able to make some kind of contribution.
Still looking forward to it and meeting a bunch of you. The wife is going to try to find a motel / hotel in Findlay where they can carry my luggage in for me.
All I can do now is sit and be a couch potato and grow a beard.

Tim, I would gladly give my camera up to you for the GTG. I might actually get a bunch of good pictures for a change. I usually end up enjoying myself so much that I end up running my mouth as much as saws and don't get enough picture taking done. :laugh:

Tim, I would gladly give my camera up to you for the GTG. I might actually get a bunch of good pictures for a change. I usually end up enjoying myself so much that I end up running my mouth as much as saws and don't get enough picture taking done. :laugh:

Same here. I don't have hardly any hunting, fishing, ATV pics. I guess having a good time gets in the way (like it always should).

I finally got around to putting a bar and chain on my Poulan 3000 though, what a great running saw. Those saws have a real good feel to them, pretty quick in the cut too.

I finally put a b+c back on that grey 3.0 version or as I like to call it the grey 3000 :laugh: you ran last time here. Turned her up a wee bit but still way under max. Like'm safe. :rock:

I finally put a b+c back on that grey 3.0 version or as I like to call it the grey 3000 :laugh: you ran last time here. Turned her up a wee bit but still way under max. Like'm safe. :rock:

Those are fine saws no doubt. Pretty easy on the wallet too, at least for as good of a saw as they are. :msp_thumbup:

Craftsman 3.7 powersharp received today

I got the 3.7 Craftsman today and did a compression test. It was almost 210, I do have a pic and will post later. Saw is very clean but does show signs of being close to ocean. It is missing the power sharp parts but does have the button on the filter cover.

Last edited:
Anybody have one if these laying around?

null_zpsf20e9771.jpg

This was a super nice 3500 timbermaster that somebody was intent on running with the impulse line rotted off. :(

From what I understand, they made this saw like many other poulan with the unplated bore/chrome piston and like this one with the chrome bore, unplated piston. The ipl lists both , but one is NLA.

The gilardoni (sp) jug is a beautiful design. Reminds me of a 268xp jug. I'm anxious to run it.

null_zpsf92c4156.jpg

null_zpsf20e9771.jpg

This was a super nice 3500 timbermaster that somebody was intent on running with the impulse line rotted off. :(

From what I understand, they made this saw like many other poulan with the unplated bore/chrome piston and like this one with the chrome bore, unplated piston. The ipl lists both , but one is NLA.

The gilardoni (sp) jug is a beautiful design. Reminds me of a 268xp jug. I'm anxious to run it.

null_zpsf92c4156.jpg

Those do make fine runners, that is what the Super 380 jug looks like inside. Jer, a thought just occurred to me, I think it will be a 49mm bore.....reckon how close a MS390 piston would be?

null_zpsf20e9771.jpg

null_zpsf92c4156.jpg

I believe I can clean that up!!!!!

Mike

Aaron, I must confess, that saw will not be headed to my home. I promised someone that wanted it I would not bid on it and I held up my end of the bargain, the question is did he do what he said he would......

I was watching that 8500 also but did not bid, but I must confess my eye was on another saw also.

I believe you understand that wrong. The 3500, 3600 and PP365 all share the same P/C and there were no unplated cyl versions.

Here is the part # for the piston you need, Just order it from where ever you get your Poulan parts from.

HOP 530069549 KIT-PISTON $43.85

FWIW, Arrowhead and I had done some thinking on doing a PP365 with a Stihl 390 piston. There very close, same pin dia and the Stihl piston dose have a bit taller compression height on it which could be a good base for making some serious compression. The Stihl piston is a two ring piston though..

EDIT, I see Randy answered as well as I was messing around. LOL

Last edited:
I believe you understand that wrong. The 3500, 3600 and PP365 all share the same P/C and there were no unplated cyl versions.

Here is the part # for the piston you need, Just order it from where ever you get your Poulan parts from.

FWIW, Arrowhead and I had done some thinking on doing a PP365 with a Stihl 390 piston. There very close, same pin dia and the Stihl piston dose have a bit taller compression height on it which could be a good base for making some serious compression. The Stihl piston is a two ring piston though..

Does the 3750 share the same cylinder and piston as the PP365

EDIT, I see Randy answered as well as I was messing around. LOL

Thanks Mark!!

And u too Randy. ;)

Back