Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I downloaded the Dichtomatik seal catalog today and had a look for the 475PTO side seal.
Size to look for is 17mm X 35mm X 4mm (3000FPS)

http://www.dichtomatik.mx/catalogos/Dichtomatik_Catalog_2012.pdf

They have two nitrile seals that may work. They have the rubber coating on the case which wraps the end according to their pics which possibly could be sanded back to get to 4mm. Page 74 in the catalog

17X35X5SC (5mm depth, single lip)
17X35X5TC ( 5mmdepth double lip)

Tim I looked at my notes and the actual size of the seal is 17X35X4 mm single lip. So it is very possible that one of those seals that you have listed could be ground down to the required 4mm thickness and could work. Thanks for the info.

They are Partner design by the way I think.

We're likely going to find out in October at the GTG. I'm pretty sure both will be represented there.

we have been there and done that with several 5200's but not a,8500 but I doubt there is much difference began the two.

The 5200's were stronger then a P60 and about even with a Husky 385 and Partner 100. it finally took my 655 to beat one with any authority. They were run in about 30" wood.

A 655 isn't a fair comparison anyway, as they are one of the strongest 100cc saws ever.

I would think a 85cc Poulan will compare well to any other brands 85cc model.

we have been there and done that with several 5200's but not a,8500 but I doubt there is much difference began the two.

The 5200's were stronger then a P60 and about even with a Husky 385 and Partner 100. it finally took my 655 to beat one with any authority. They were run in about 30" wood.

A 655 isn't a fair comparison anyway, as they are one of the strongest 100cc saws ever.

I didn't know that a 655 was that much stronger than a P-60. Of that series, I've only ran a 655BP. It was an animal for sure. Are the P-61 and P-62 any closer to the P-65 and 655?

Very well said like I said above...the 655 is a good bit larger in the cc department.

I didn't know that a 655 was that much stronger than a P-60. Of that series, I've only ran a 655BP. It was an animal for sure. Are the P-61 and P-62 any closer to the P-65 and 655?

Well to be fair, I'm not a expert on all those saws, just reporting the results of one that I seen in person.

Arrowhead is the expert on these and has lots more time with them, and with that said, he told me that over the span of that series of saws, there were quite a bit of difference in some of them as they used different carbs and such on the same models.

But in answer to your question the best I can, then yes the P65 and PP655 are the king of those saws.

Well to be fair, I'm not a expert on all those saws, just reporting the results of one that I seen in person.

Arrowhead is the expert on these and has lots more time with them, and with that said, he told me that over the span of that series of saws, there were quite a bit of difference in some of them as they used different carbs and such on the same models.

But in answer to your question the best I can, then yes the P65 and PP655 are the king of those saws.

Heck and to think I was thinking of selling mine:confused2:

Happy Birthday, Mike!

It's belated because the hacker scared me away for a couple of days. I lost one computer to a nasty virus, not in a hurry to go through that again.

Hey everyone lets all tell Mike Happy Birthday!!!!

:bday::bday:

mopar mike. You know rms61moparman
Handsome guy, looks like Gregg's brother.

Happy Birthday !!! Mike. I hate to say it but the older we get, the more we do look alike. :D:D:D
Must be the gray beard thing. :cry: Or the Hat thing, or the saw thing...LOL

S25DAampAV013_zpsc0a63ed4.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back