Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need help with that 65's F-M starter Jim? We can work our magic on him and take some pics. with my Iphone. Pup is great for close ups.

Carl.

(Jim is on dialup. Takes a ton of time to upload pictures.)

Sounds good Carl,I got a Zip along with the 65 and the starter is slipping on it also.

The 361 only has one screw holding the points down right?

If so snug the screw down just a wee bit so it wont move too easy, then adjust the points by moving the plate with a screwdriver in between the cam or the case, then tighten them up the rest of the way. Just done the ones on the 46 that way the other day and I think there the same points as the 361.

Glad you got the 245, that thing is gorgeous. I tried hard to resist it and actually did it, but only because I have this one already...

attachment.php

Mark, the 361 lives, points adjustment worked like a charm and i replaced the on/off switch and she fired right up and oils. pics to follow of yesterday's hull.

Thank you once again.

Before they all disappear. :rock:

Group pic of the PP415 PP445 PP475 PP505 WT505 before I start selling them all of slowly. Well maybe real slow as I'm not sure what series of saws I want to persue next. :dizzy:

The PP425 and other PP505 are in tore down stages and for parts for others right now.

manypoulansandchain007_zpsf7b717df.jpg

manypoulansandchain001_zps0335f6fc.jpg

manypoulansandchain002_zpsd1c3a426.jpg

manypoulansandchain004_zps138ccd29.jpg

Yesterday's hull. i had a good day

Thanks to EchoShawn for the incredible 245A first off,

I received the 361 from the bay and after adjusting the points and changing the kill switch etc and i semi good cleaning she came back to life after i am sure a very long hiatus.

The 2 3400's have great P/C and the one looks to be in very clean shape.

View attachment 314925View attachment 314926View attachment 314927

Got a bit of time in on putting the 744 back together tonight. Hope to finish it up before the weekend is over.

Got the crankcase back together along with the piston, cyl, transmission and oiler...

14uu.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]

I for a change have been taking pictures as its being assembled this time. I might start a thread on this after its all done and post most of the assembly pictures in that.

Last edited:
Got a bit of time in on putting the 744 back together tonight. Hope to finish it up before the weekend is over.

Got the crankcase back together along with the piston, cyl, transmission and oiler...

14uu.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]

I for a change have been taking pictures as its being assembled this time. I might start a thread on this after its all done and post most of the assembly pictures in that.

What, in the name of hell and all that's holy kind of clutch is on that beast??????
Looks like it might fit this WD45 I'm working on!

Mike

What, in the name of hell and all that's holy kind of clutch is on that beast??????

Mike

The output gear (and the wad of weld bead securing it to the output shaft) is what has my attention. Is that how it came from the factory? Looks like a 'field expedient' fix to me...

The output gear (and the wad of weld bead securing it to the output shaft) is what has my attention. Is that how it came from the factory? Looks like a 'field expedient' fix to me...

I agree, that "weld" looks terrible.

looks can be deceiving,

I think it has plenty O' penetration, my guess is it will hold, for a long time.

Mike

Its actually a standard type 200 series clutch with a couple extra shoes. That same style was used on the early 306 and 245 saws also with 4 shoes.

Its strange that the early 100 series blade saws used the same clutch setup with only 2 shoes..

You incorrect, that's factory and while its not the prettiest, its better then what the picture shows and it has held up for a long time and this saw was used a lot from the looks of it.

Sure would be a trick if'n you ever had to change out that spur gear.

From the picture guessing you will never need to worry.

Latest posts

Back