Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this up the other weekend. I really don't think it has more than 3-4 easy winters of firewood cutting on it. Serviced at a dealership then stored for 10 years.

It runs just like every other Poulan I own. Outstanding.

I am looking for a spike pattern/idea if any of you may have one you fancy. I really can't find much on the OEM spike and I don't know what mounting patterns were common amongst saws. I've read that perhaps the OEM's were way oversize?

A owner's manual/shop manual would be a nice addition if available.

A couple of pics. Excuse the clutter...counter space is at a premium and my little girls get into them if they are too low.
DSC08100.JPG DSC08101.JPG

Picked this up the other weekend. I really don't think it has more than 3-4 easy winters of firewood cutting on it. Serviced at a dealership then stored for 10 years.

I am looking for a spike pattern/idea if any of you may have one you fancy. I really can't find much on the OEM spike and I don't know what mounting patterns were common amongst saws. I've read that perhaps the OEM's were way oversize?

A couple of pics. Excuse the clutter...counter space is at a premium and my little girls get into them if they are too low.
View attachment 369182 View attachment 369183
Great saws! I had my Craftsman 3.3 (same saw with muff mod and tuned to 4 stroke just a bit out of wood) buried in 18 inch red oak last weekend and could not get it to bog! My brother-in-law had a brand new 50cc orange saw and obviously could not get near the performance. Told him the saw was a bit bigger. So, I pulled out the Craftsman 3.0 (same as PP305) and pretty much did the same thing bwahhahaa. Some people never learn. Hey, I offered to find him and fix up an older Poulan.....

Oh ya got side tracked - have a another 3.3 in parts and a lonely dawg that needs a new home! I never shipped out of the US. Do I need to do anything different? Also have the 3.3 manual in PDF that I can email you. PM me.

Mark

View attachment 369182 View attachment 369183

You're finding a lot of nice Poulans Cory. I must be living in a Poulan vacuum now as I rarely see anything but 3400's and 3800's come up for sale and I have a few of those. Interesting that I have a Skil, CTC 3400's, a nice Craftsman 306A and a 285 which is the little brother if your 335.
I did get a nice red 650. Eat your heart out.

You're finding a lot of nice Poulans Cory. I must be living in a Poulan vacuum now as I rarely see anything but 3400's and 3800's come up for sale and I have a few of those. Interesting that I have a Skil, CTC 3400's, a nice Craftsman 306A and a 285 which is the little brother if your 335.
I did get a nice red 650. Eat your heart out.
Thanks Tim. Right place, right time again. There are likely few "real" (old) Poulans locally and fewer that would see the value in them.
I sure would like to find a 4000 or one of the 4200+ series. The closest I've seen "locally"is the picture of the nice one Pete has.

Perhaps when I soon run out of space I will have to Greyhound a couple of loaners out East for a spell. Then I can make room for that 5200 one day.

That sweet looking 650 Super is going to turn some heads and drop some jaws Tim. Ultra jealous. You should be proud.

Hang on tight.

Cory

Thanks Tim. Right place, right time again. There are likely few "real" (old) Poulans locally and fewer that would see the value in them.
I sure would like to find a 4000 or one of the 4200+ series. The closest I've seen "locally"is the picture of the nice one Pete has.

Perhaps when I soon run out of space I will have to Greyhound a couple of loaners out East for a spell. Then I can make room for that 5200 one day.

That sweet looking 650 Super is going to turn some heads and drop some jaws Tim. Ultra jealous. You should be proud.

Hang on tight.

Cory

Thanks Cory. Looking forward to see how it cuts next to my 5200. I know it has 15cc on the 5200 but the Poulan is really strong.

got a line on a poulan 415 no pics fellow says piston looks good needs fuel lines what would be a fair price dead or alive good condition or bad,,,,,, i dont want it but i may get it to fix and either trade or sell.......

I sold perfect running 505 for 300. So go below that a bit IMO. Then I bought a non runner 505 for 100. Another parts 505 for $60.
Then the 475 445 425 415 all in the 200 below range IMO. Maybe 250 tops for alike new looking runner.

thanks.... money is tight without pics i aint gonna make a 2 hour drive on no pics......dont sound like i would barly get my money back out of it.... and money is tight..... thanks for the heads up.....

he wants around a 100 gas would be at least 30 plus my time to get it running.....if it was close i would maybe.......maybe i can get him to send me pics.......he said its apart to replace the fuel lines.... why he did not wanna take pics.....which makes no sense.....

he wants around a 100 gas would be at least 30 plus my time to get it running.....if it was close i would maybe.......maybe i can get him to send me pics.......he said its apart to replace the fuel lines.... why he did not wanna take pics.....which makes no sense.....

That is a good buyer price. There is no meat on the bones reselling these.

They are worth more sold in parts then sold as whole saws.

I have stashed all kinds of parts back to keep my favorite quad ported 445 running for a long long time. Love that saw the best out of all of them. The 475 505 dual trans take a back seat to it on my list of saws when grabbing them.

Hang on tight.

Cory
Sent you a regular email from [email protected] It may end up in your spam. That's my fun email address.

Mark

Need help with figuring a manufacture date from a serial number.
Picked up a "new in the box" older Poulan 1800 woodsman over the weekend. Has an Ansi date of 1991 so that is the oldest it could be. Serial number is 1L279E484. Mike acres says started making 1982 but no ending date.
EZ RYDER

Need help with figuring a manufacture date from a serial number.
Picked up a "new in the box" older Poulan 1800 woodsman over the weekend. Has an Ansi date of 1991 so that is the oldest it could be. Serial number is 1L279E484. Mike acres says started making 1982 but no ending date.
EZ RYDER

To my knowledge there is no serial number registry.

Mike

Latest posts

Back