Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a nice little Craftsman/Poulan top handle with a 16" B&C at a yard sale today. It is model number 358.355162. It need fuel lines but started right up when I put a line on the carb and put the other end into a fuel mix can.

Does anyone know what size this thing is? I can't find information on it at either the sears parts site or the chain saw collectors site.:dizzy:

Pulled up IPL's and owner's manual on Sears site. It's equivalent to Poulan 1800, 2000, 2300 saws. Not sure which displacement. My guess would be 2.3 c.i. Couldn't upload manual. Send PM with email address and I can send it to you.

The 245A is back together and running like a champ. I think I've created a monster here:) Compression is 163 PSI with squish still something more than .030". The squish on this thing was HUGE. I removed the gasket and still can't measure it with my solder. And get this...it sounds great at 11,500!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting that. I didn't touch the exhaust, didn't do a lot to the intake, but did tons to the transfers. I'm more than happy and can't wait to get it in some wood:clap:

Last edited:
The 245A is back together and running like a champ. I think I've created a monster here:) Compression is 163 PSI with squish still something more than .030". The squish on this thing was HUGE. I removed the gasket and still can't measure it with my solder. And get this...it sounds great at 11,500!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting that. I didn't touch the exhaust, didn't do a lot to the intake, but did tons to the transfers. I'm more than happy and can't wait to get it in some wood:clap:

We need to see a test...the 245 vs 044 and both wearing 24" bars. I think the 24 has the grunt to take it.

Green Saws Suck

I got a buddy that is a Poulan Man through and through. He hates the fact that Poulan made rebadged saws for several different companies. I picked this red Craftsman 4200 last night at a local auction. He's coming over Monday for a little Memorial day get together and I doctored up this Craftsman for his benefit. No I didn't write this on the cover. I first put down some electrical tape.

This saw had been used to cut some decking boards up that had carpet on it. The clutch was full of junk. I removed the clutch to clean it out. When I did one of the clutch shoes fell out and hit the floor and broke in half. I need a clutch shoe for it now. Other than that a good clean up and it's was good to go. Anybody have a 4200 clutch shoe they can spare name your price. Old green saws don't suck, just the new Elux ones.
031640x480.jpg
038640x480.jpg
035640x480.jpg

I removed the clutch to clean it out. When I did one of the clutch shoes fell out and hit the floor and broke in half. I need a clutch shoe for it now. Other than that a good clean up and it's was good to go. Anybody have a 4200 clutch shoe they can spare name your price.

You might also note that the part # for the clutch shoe, 530023469, (according to the IPL's I have) is the same one found on the Poulan 306's and 245's. Also 7700/8500's. May be others. If you put that on the Trading Post, more likely someone might have a spare lying around from the 306/245's they can spare.

Poulan Tree Master 5600

Any of you guys ever hear of these or seen one? I was browsing Ebay for Poulan parts (heaven knows why as I have too many now). I noticed parts for what looked exactly like a 3400-4000 series saw, only they were orange and labelled for selling as "Tree Master 5600". Nothing on Mike Acres site. Figured one of you guys would have some info. I'm more curious than anything else. Thanks.

Bob

Any of you guys ever hear of these or seen one? I was browsing Ebay for Poulan parts (heaven knows why as I have too many now). I noticed parts for what looked exactly like a 3400-4000 series saw, only they were orange and labelled for selling as "Tree Master 5600". Nothing on Mike Acres site. Figured one of you guys would have some info. I'm more curious than anything else. Thanks.

Bob

As a follow up I believe its a Canadian branded Poulan but have no idea of its size.

You might also note that the part # for the clutch shoe, 530023469, (according to the IPL's I have) is the same one found on the Poulan 306's and 245's. Also 7700/8500's. May be others. If you put that on the Trading Post, more likely someone might have a spare lying around from the 306/245's they can spare.
I probably got one then if they are the same as a 306 or 245. I know I got a parts 245 somewhere. Now I will just have to find it. Thanks for the tip Mustang.

It depends which clutch the 306/245 had on it. If you dont have one let me know I think I have a new one or two in the box and its yours if you need it.
Mark if you have a clutch shoe for this 4200 I'm interested in it. I must have got rid of the 245 because I looked for it today and never found it. This 4200 has a 3 piece clutch with a flat spring that holds the shoe in place. Let me know what you want for one and PM me your address and I will send you a money order, or I can Paypal it to you. I did have your address, but I can't find it either. Thanks

Anyone bought decals recently from Sugar Creek Supply? I tried to contact them for a top decal and haven't heard back. Maybe they're just too busy or out of town right now. Maybe I don't have the right contact info. I'd sure love to replace this deal. It's the only real cosmetic flaw with the saw.

I bought a set from them recently. Took a while to get a response, then took about 2 weeks to get them. He is kinda busy or doesn't check the orders to often, I gather. :)
They are great looking decals! The top one you mention, was about a 1/4" to wide. I took off about an 1/8" from each side, then it fit the space for it.
The colors are great too, the pic of it on the saw look yellow, but they are green.

100_0377.jpg

100_0391.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

I bought a set from them recently. Took a while to get a response, then took about 2 weeks to get them. He is kinda busy or doesn't check the orders to often, I gather. :)
They are great looking decals! The top one you mention, was about a 1/4" to wide. I took off about an 1/8" from each side, then it fit the space for it.
The colors are great too, the pic of it on the saw look yellow, but they are green.

Gregg,

Sounds good. I'll just wait for a while and see what happens.

100_0377.jpg

100_0391.jpg

Gregg,

looks great Gregg. Ill be looking into some for my 245A

Gregg,

I provided Joe the pictures for that decal and my new one from him was a bit wide also. I let him know and he said that he would make the new ones just a bit narrower.

Guess he didnt get to it yet or you got some of the first ones.

Mark if you have a clutch shoe for this 4200 I'm interested in it. I must have got rid of the 245 because I looked for it today and never found it. This 4200 has a 3 piece clutch with a flat spring that holds the shoe in place. Let me know what you want for one and PM me your address and I will send you a money order, or I can Paypal it to you. I did have your address, but I can't find it either. Thanks

Chuck , check your pm's.

Back