Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the correct no load RPM setting for a model 2000 (2.3 c.i.)? I did a search and also looked through the manual, but no luck.

Thanks

LOL, 67Mustang beat me to it, again as usual:) The 2000 is 2.0 cu.in. 33cc.
Poulan lists them at 7,500 rpm.

Page8.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Yeh, but you came through with the Poulan spec sheet. Great job! :clap:

BTW - When's the next GTG!? :cheers:

Thats a good question Steve! LOL I'm hoping for the fall sometime, or later this summer. We had a heck of a T-storm yesterday. Got 2" of rain in less than an hour. :dizzy: Needless to say things were flooded around here. I never saw it rain so hard, and kept changing directions too.

:cheers:
Gregg,

I'm awaiting arrival of this 245A today:clap: If only I had a bow for it. I should have bought that 306 with a bow that recently sold on eBay. I bid on it, but was too cheap to win it.

Don't worry. That 306 bow will show up on eBay again soon for twice what the purchaser paid for it, if you catch my drift, along with a 3400 bow saw he bought about the same time.

As I always say, it's a very idea to go over any used saw you get. This saw ran fine, but...

881801560_VyR3M-M.jpg

I think this'll do a little getter:)

881798807_b8KhP-M.jpg

I am going to need a new muffler body though. I noticed right away before firing it up that it was loose. Here's what I found. Please let me know if you have one you'd be willing to part with. Oh, I'm also going to need a manual oiler knob. It's broken off.

881798699_UJTzZ-M.jpg

And finally, here's a vid of it running.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UNEFOaqRj8c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UNEFOaqRj8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brad, I seen that saw and thought it was a nice one. Good you posted a picture of how that fuel lines routed as that seems to stump alot of people.

Good luck finding a good muffler base for that thing, alot of them look like the one you have. I may have one but I wouldnt part with it. I think I could form and weld up a repair on that one and it would be better then a new one anyway as I would make it out of a little thicker material.

You could always put a cast 306 style muffler on it till you can get that other one fixed or replaced.

Brad, I seen that saw and thought it was a nice one. Good you posted a picture of how that fuel lines routed as that seems to stump alot of people.

Good luck finding a good muffler base for that thing, alot of them look like the one you have. I may have one but I wouldnt part with it. I think I could form and weld up a repair on that one and it would be better then a new one anyway as I would make it out of a little thicker material.

You could always put a cast 306 style muffler on it till you can get that other one fixed or replaced.

Thanks for the info. I'll just weld another layer on the back side. Seems to me that the two bolt like I have on the Dayton is a more steady design, preventing the back from breaking out.

And finally, here's a vid of it running.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UNEFOaqRj8c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UNEFOaqRj8c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

These and the 306 are the best Poulans ever to cut wood IMO Brad. 74cc at 13lbs was hard to come by at the time that these saws were made. I'm running a 24'' bar on my 245 and it loves it. So which one is getting ported this one or the Dayton? LOL Have you ever ported an old reed valve saw?

As I always say, it's a very idea to go over any used saw you get. This saw ran fine, but...

881801560_VyR3M-M.jpg

I think this'll do a little getter:)

881798807_b8KhP-M.jpg

I am going to need a new muffler body though. I noticed right away before firing it up that it was loose. Here's what I found. Please let me know if you have one you'd be willing to part with. Oh, I'm also going to need a manual oiler knob. It's broken off.

881798699_UJTzZ-M.jpg

Great looking 245 Brad! I have both them parts you are needing. They are yours if you want them.

Gregg,

These and the 306 are the best Poulans ever to cut wood IMO Brad. 74cc at 13lbs was hard to come by at the time that these saws were made. I'm running a 24'' bar on my 245 and it loves it. So which one is getting ported this one or the Dayton? LOL Have you ever ported an old reed valve saw?

It's funny you say that about the weight. Thats why I always pick up my dayton and leave my new Makita 6401 sitting on the shelf. I only have like 2 tanks threw the makita but for the weight compared to the Dayton it leaves something to be desired. That will change though when I can grab the bb kit for it.

I'd just like to know how you ever got the previous owner to contact you???

I tried to make contact with him 3 times and got ...................NOTHING!!!

Mike

I'd just like to know how you ever got the previous owner to contact you???

I tried to make contact with him 3 times and got ...................NOTHING!!!

Mike

It took a while:) He had computer issues.

The saw's in a million pieces right now. I'm keeping this one for sure, so figured I'd take it all the way down. Everything looks real good except for one little vertical scar in the cylinder. It's right where the rings end. Still, compression was an amazing 145 PSI. Squish was huge, thicker than my solder. So I'll have real good compression going back together:) I did a little massaging while I was in there too, mostly to the transfers. The exhaust was already a full 70% of bore, taking into account the bridge in the exhaust. I didn't see much to do with the intake side, but did clean up a little bit where it dumps into the crank case. I've not messed with reed saws much, so not really privy on that. Everything's clean, the cylinder's done, The crank and rod are reinstalled, and I'll put the rest of it back together tomorrow.

OhioGregg had exactly what I needed for the muffler and oiler button. A huge thank you Gregg!

Back