Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like some nice pioneers there... have some of them already. id like that 620, have one needin paint/work... does the 600 have the pioneer [tree logo] starter?
f3d66bf1f245106b4a740c76bbdc1048.jpg

Yup :) it's the only one of the bunch that does.

Finally picked up a bar for the 3400 and in wood but no oil. Long story short - I did not realize that the oil outlet line was shot when I put it all back together - 1st rehab saw, was excited and missed. Those darn lines keep getting me - the impulse line broke on the 3.3 - pulled my arse off and played with the carb for 10 minutes before I realized what was going on LOL. I guess you learn as you go....

I know someone has the answer. Is there a way to replace the outlet line without opening the whole thing? Also the line size and type.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Check your inbox

You

know, I think I have an extra line around here. If you need it let me know.

For the post with the screw off fitting - My oil pump (adjustable) does not have a screw on fitting for the outlet line. It's a white 3/8 long , one rib press on fitting.

Thanks for the offer on the tubing. I have some 1/8 inch inner diameter 3/16 inch outer diameter vinyl tubing that fits the press on fitting perfect. The repair manual says it it high pressure vinyl. Do you think that is strong enough? If not I'll grab a couple feet at auto store- will most likely need it down the road for another saw or something.

Mark

So you have an adjustable pump. I've only seen one on a 3400 I had years ago. May even have the pump around somewhere. I have seen saws w/o the screw. So long as there is a tight fit, you will be okay. I'd be more comfortable wit high pressure oil line but you may be okay with what you have. I recall some of the guys using what you plan to use w/o any issues.

So you have an adjustable pump. I've only seen one on a 3400 I had years ago. May even have the pump around somewhere. I have seen saws w/o the screw. So long as there is a tight fit, you will be okay. I'd be more comfortable wit high pressure oil line but you may be okay with what you have. I recall some of the guys using what you plan to use w/o any issues.
I'll pick up some high pressure. Really do not want to take it apart again if the line fails. I, also, have diaphragm material that a fellow member sent me. If I have it apart might as well do that too.

Thanks
Mark

I'll pick up some high pressure. Really do not want to take it apart again if the line fails. I, also, have diaphragm material that a fellow member sent me. If I have it apart might as well do that too.

Thanks
Mark

If the current diaphragm is stiff I'd make a new one. Always good insurance. I have material; its a little heavier than the original stuff but it seems to work okay.

So I made a couple of acquisitions in the last week. Needless to say I'm done for a while!
I was able to have my buddy pick up the 245A across the state that runs but needs a carb kit. I'll get it from him next weekend.

$25 245A

00q0q_9fhIGftrkKt_600x450.jpg

And yesterday I picked up (2) 5200's. A runner for $50 that needed some handle bar screws and the air filter donated from the 4200 project I've been working on. The other one with the gray
filter cover I picked up for $15 and needs new fuel lines and it got the handle from my 4200. Both P&C on both saws look great and both came with 20" Oregon bars and chains.

20141114_080624.jpg

I'm REAL happy with the 3 saws for $90! Now I just need to find time to go cutting soon.

Attachments

• 00808_bxXXDTC9qpJ_50x50c.jpg
    00808_bxXXDTC9qpJ_50x50c.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 7
I'd like to clean up the gray air filer cover and spray it black like it's supposed to be. Anybody have a suggestion on paint? I'm assuming high temp paint?

So I made a couple of acquisitions in the last week. Needless to say I'm done for a while!
I was able to have my buddy pick up the 245A across the state that runs but needs a carb kit. I'll get it from him next weekend.

$25 245A

View attachment 379649

And yesterday I picked up (2) 5200's. A runner for $50 that needed some handle bar screws and the air filter donated from the 4200 project I've been working on. The other one with the gray
filter cover I picked up for $15 and needs new fuel lines and it got the handle from my 4200. Both P&C on both saws look great and both came with 20" Oregon bars and chains.

View attachment 379655

I'm REAL happy with the 3 saws for $90! Now I just need to find time to go cutting soon.

Triple suckage!

$25 245A

View attachment 379649

View attachment 379655

Great deal!! I can't wait till I find a saw that breaks the 60cc barrier.

Back