Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
867c58f5449e093d004c9770309f6cee.jpg

Thanks for the help! I have an old school local hardware store that has been "going out of business" for years that still has many varieties of nuts, bolts, screws and other related stuff in the wooden bins/drawers that I will have to revisit for a matching thread muffler screw. I just remembered that some of you guys were looking for Fillister screws, 10-24 and 12 -24's. If they have them I'll grab a bunch including various lengths. The last time I was there I did a complete restocking of all my screw drawers plus other stuff for almost nothing.

How hard is it to find the crank seals and other parts? That's a bit deeper than I have been in a saw and really do not want to break something and not find parts or not be able to get it back together. If I do really tear it down I will be taking pictures as I go so I at least know where stuff goes. Will the 361 IPL work for a general idea for parts and breakdown? I don't know how much changed between the 361 up through the 401A.

I have the Wright IPL for that and the aftermarket seal numbers if you need it.

I finally have a Mirco. I bought this from a member back in December and we have both been busy with stuff so I just got it in the mail today. Worth the wait though and he was great to work with.
I need to get a pull cord on it and it needs some carb work and it should be good to go. Now I have a small, medium and large cc Poulan. :clap:

20150202_125140.jpg

I finally have a Mirco. I bought this from a member back in December and we have both been busy with stuff so I just got it in the mail today. Worth the wait though and he was great to work with.
I need to get a pull cord on it and it needs some carb work and it should be good to go. Now I have a small, medium and large cc Poulan. :clap:

View attachment 400199

That's not a Mirco. It's not a Micro either...

You should have to stay after school for detention for that.

I pulled the cylinder back off the 5200 I did the p/c swap on new years eve that I can't get to turn over to see if the moto seal sealed good enough. It may have been to cold to do it that night.
Anyway, when I put it back on this time should I use moto seal or make a gasket out of gasket material? If I use moto seal again should I put it on the cylinder or the case or both?

I pulled the cylinder back off the 5200 I did the p/c swap on new years eve that I can't get to turn over to see if the moto seal sealed good enough. It may have been to cold to do it that night.
Anyway, when I put it back on this time should I use moto seal or make a gasket out of gasket material? If I use moto seal again should I put it on the cylinder or the case or both?

I presume you're referring to Motoseal No 1. Did you check squish to see if you need a gasket? Usually you can go gasketless if squish is in the .018 or more range. I put a thin layer of No.1 or Dirko on both surfaces. Let No. 1 skim over a bit before installing cylinder. Should be good to go.

Well, I'm at it again. Got a PP380 in the mail and started to tear it down to check cylinder. Do you think I can get the clutch off!!!!!! Not enough bite on the clutch for my impact. Broke off two ears using a drift. Heated the clutch, used PB Blaster and it still won't budge. Been at it for a least a day. Least I can still order a new oem one so I have some time to get this dang thing off. Never had this problem before on any saw. At least the cylinder cleaned up real nice and I have a new oem piston and seals for it.

Latest posts

Back