Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thing is Gregg, the 2700/2800 is not a mini version, its built on the same chassis as the 365 but only 46cc. I don't have a 2700/2800 and personally aint looking too hard for one. Sure I would put one in the collection if I ran across one right, but otherwise why not run a 3000, 3300 or 3500 as far as that goes as the weights are going to be really close.

I do like the 40 and 46cc clamshells like the 2500, 275, PP255 and PP295. With a muffler mod there strong little runners and they don't weigh much. Only thing on those are the cheap plastic oilers. You have to run light bar oil in the winter or risk stripping them out. Not a deal breaker if you do have a oiler go out, there cheap and easy to change.

I just put this little 2600 together a short time back. I had gave my 4620 that I liked to a friend and wanted another similar model. This one isn't exactly stock, you might says it got warmed up a bit.. View attachment 406651

Mark, I won't be worrying about thick bar oil. I just don't cut in this cold, if I can help it anyway. :laugh: Good to know though. I do like the looks of that 2600. Nice looking saws. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

I do want to run my rebuilt 5200 more this year. Doesn't have much run time on it yet. Guess I'll just swap the Poulan branded bar for a lesser looking bar, and give it some exercise. Wasn't going to use it as a "work saw", but I hate just seeing it sitting there waiting for a GTG...LOL

Gregg,

Gregg, do you remember the 2500 I took to Seans IL GTG to run in the Wildthing races?
It did pretty good although no one did real well compared to Ed. :ices_rofl:

It got a pretty hefty muffler mod. View attachment 406653 View attachment 406654

LOL, Yes I sure do remember that GTG. I was feeling kinda proud of my Wildthing, never having tried something like that before. After Ed ran his...we all just put ours back in the truck...:eek:

Gregg,

Mark, I won't be worrying about thick bar oil. I just don't cut in this cold, if I can help it anyway. :laugh: Good to know though. I do like the looks of that 2600. Nice looking saws. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

I do want to run my rebuilt 5200 more this year. Doesn't have much run time on it yet. Guess I'll just swap the Poulan branded bar for a lesser looking bar, and give it some exercise. Wasn't going to use it as a "work saw", but I hate just seeing it sitting there waiting for a GTG...LOL

Gregg,

July 11th is set.

Wish I was close enough for the poulan gtg's:(

After seeing this mob of misfits, and all their green saws, you might rethink that..LOL

PoulanGTG041_zps80746785.jpg

Gregg,

I have managed to find myself in the process of swapping out all remaining diaphragms in the oilers on the 3400-4000 series with the new nitrile. I have noticed that there is a range of resistances when operating the different manual levers The more resistance the bigger the volume of oil output. My 4000 gushed until I swapped out the old diaphragm.

I will tackle the quad rings next. Is there a preferred method of popping off the red housing caps? They are on there with conviction.

I generally use heavier oil (old habit, but the one with new nitrile last summer did fine) and the shop is cooler. In the summer I keep the oil in black jugs and full sun.

Latest posts

Back