Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, that looks new. Now unless you are cutting redwoods just mod the dawgs to get an inch or so of your bar length back! five minutes with a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder and a cut off wheel is all it takes. I posted a drawing of it here somewhere with dimensions.:drinkingcoffee:
Yeah. The bar subtractor needs a trim!

I turned mine into a 4 spike bumper. It makes getting to the chain tension screw much easier.View attachment 407367
View attachment 407390

Good job on that Stephen! Was gonna say also that the spike that comes on a PP380 is shorter also. I guess that is their sneaky way of putting a longer bar than should be on a saw, by putting extra long bucking/felling spikes on them. :dizzy:

Gregg,

and more snow today, got to love this winter,

I hear ya! We only had about 1 " or so this morning. Still had to clean out the driveway. Dang wind just keeps blowing it around and drifting things in. To be well below zero for couple more nights. Just looked at the forecast for my area. Looks like I see the numbers that start with 30 coming about Sunday, and lasting for a few days anyway. So maybe there is a light at the end of this dark cold tunnel. ;)

Gregg,

I don't usually post stuff from C-list or ebay, But if this wasn't such a drive, I think I would bite on it. LOL North of Fort Wayne Ind. A 4000 with a 24" bar. Dirty as all heck, but looks like it would clean up good. I think he came down on his price some also. Think I seen this last week, he was at $150.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/tls/4894840540.html

Gregg,

I don't usually post stuff from C-list or ebay, But if this wasn't such a drive, I think I would bite on it. LOL North of Fort Wayne Ind. A 4000 with a 24" bar. Dirty as all heck, but looks like it would clean up good. I think he came down on his price some also. Think I seen this last week, he was at $150.

Gregg,

I saw that too a week ago, Guido pm'd me about it since I've been looking for a 4000. Your right it was at least $140 a week ago.

Well I'll find out in a couple hours whether that saw I'm picking up is a 3400 or 4000 in disguise. C'mon 4000, cross the fingers! HAHA!

My search for a 4000 continues. Measured the piston with a stick and did the same with one if my other 3400 and it's the same.
Top cover, hand guard and air filter are from a 4000.
B/C are Oregon 24" not 30.
It's missing the vibe screw on the handle one the one side.
Everything else seems decent. I'll get some pics soon.

Gregg,
I'd scoop that up if I was closer. Sweet bar too

I saw that too a week ago, Guido pm'd me about it since I've been looking for a 4000. Your right it was at least $140 a week ago.
I'd scoop that up if I was closer. Sweet bar too

Yep, That was my thought too Joe. That bar looks to be in good shape. I'd like to have a 24" bar like that. I like the Windsor bars, especially when they say Poulan on them. ;)

Gregg,

Wanted to give Mark (ModifiedMark) a thank you for the loop of chain. Sure wasn't necessary for sure, but , I can use it. LOL And how would you have ever guessed that I could use a 70DL chain. :D Seems I use that size A LOT!

Gregg,

Figured you could use that better them me paying only the shipping on that cover you sent me.

Gregg,

Did anyone bother to try to call the guy to see if he would ship? Never know.

There is a member from here from Kendallville, Chris done some saw swapping with him a while back.

There is a outside chance I maybe driving up to Mich to pick up a saw a nice member picked up for me, if that 4000 is still there, I'll pick the damn thing up for that money.

Did anyone bother to try to call the guy to see if he would ship? Never know.

There is a member from here from Kendallville, Chris done some saw swapping with him a while back.

There is a outside chance I maybe driving up to Mich to pick up a saw a nice member picked up for me, if that 4000 is still there, I'll pick the damn thing up for that money.

Naaa, I didn't call. I need another 4000 about like i need more snow & cold. But, your right, the price sounds good for a saw like that.

Gregg,

going to look at a cl 3400 today, $35. description is very sketchy. only one photo. wondering what significance "WIZARD" on the starter cover has. anyone know?

View attachment 407570

Thats kinda neat. I have heard of Wizard labeled saws, and seen a pic once. Can't recall who sold them. :confused:CRS

I guess for that price, it would be worth adding to a collection.

Gregg,

Latest posts

Back