Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of the 3400 from yesterday. I forgot to mention the handle is bent a little too.

20150227_071638.jpg
20150227_071654.jpg
20150227_071717.jpg
20150227_071738.jpg

$60 is what I paid which may bea little high but I drove an hour each way a didn't really want to not get it. I gambled a little bit on this one and it

Friend has a 4218 Poulan wanted me to put new primer bulb. He already had it apart and stuff. I bought new bulb fuel line. Ran for sheet. Put kit in carb . Start and run for 5 or 10 seconds. Dump fuel out the muff. Bought new carb. Starts right up runs for 5 or 10 seconds shuts off hmmmmmmmm......

Appears to have an early style "flat tab" oil cap also. Looks to me like it got damaged and a lot of parts got replaced. Whether you use the saw or not, you have added to your "parts collection stash" :D

Gregg,

I've already put the 24" bar and chain on my other 5200 that had a 20" on it.
The saw runs good but I might just try and sell it, don't really need another 3400 and there are other saws I'd like to have.

Friend has a 4218 Poulan wanted me to put new primer bulb. He already had it apart and stuff. I bought new bulb fuel line. Ran for sheet. Put kit in carb . Start and run for 5 or 10 seconds. Dump fuel out the muff. Bought new carb. Starts right up runs for 5 or 10 seconds shuts off hmmmmmmmm......

I'm gonna take a WAG here and say I'll bet its in the routing of all the fuel lines. I hate them saws with "purge" "primer" bulbs. If you do some searching on the net, you can find some diagrams for proper routing. I use to have some, but can't find it now. :mad:

If I remember correctly, They are suppose to draw (suck) fuel through the carb and back to the tank. They don't draw fuel from the tank to the bulb, and then to carb.

Gregg,

I'm gonna take a WAG here and say I'll bet its in the routing of all the fuel lines. I hate them saws with "purge" "primer" bulbs. If you do some searching on the net, you can find some diagrams for proper routing. I use to have some, but can't find it now. :mad:

If I remember correctly, They are suppose to draw (suck) fuel through the carb and back to the tank. They don't draw fuel from the tank to the bulb, and then to carb.

Gregg,
Yup. Fuel line goes to one side of carb and suck side of bulb goes to the other line. The push side of the bulb is the return line. You suck fuel from the tank, into the carb and then into the purge bulb. Excess fuel is pushed back into the tank.

Nice looking pp365 Joe! I think the S25 will clean up good too. I have one just like that. Mike has one one of them also. His has the AV feature. Couple years ago he was up here on a visit. We had a good time playin with them 25's. :D

S25DAampAV007_zps35e9ca44.jpg

S25DAampAV012_zps08c13f54.jpg

Gregg,

Nice looking pp365 Joe! I think the S25 will clean up good too. I have one just like that. Mike has one one of them also. His has the AV feature. Couple years ago he was up here on a visit. We had a good time playin with them 25's. :D

S25DAampAV007_zps35e9ca44.jpg

S25DAampAV012_zps08c13f54.jpg

Gregg,
I rember you guys posting those. I have a 365 and pps25 already, gonna sell the one I had, it's rough looking but very strong running. Prob keep both 365s. Where's mike been?

I rember you guys posting those. I have a 365 and pps25 already, gonna sell the one I had, it's rough looking but very strong running. Prob keep both 365s. Where's mike been?

Thats a good question Joe. I havn't seen him on here in some time. I just might give him a call. Talked to him last maybe couple months ago. He had been busy with work and cutting wood. Was behind on his wood cutting. LOL
I'm thinking they had a colder winter than normal down Kentucky way also, bout like every where else.
I miss his straight shooting humor..:D Plus he is no dummy when it comes to these Green saws.

Gregg,

Traded an o26 Stihl to a member for these 2. The 365 is like new. Pretty sure it's a runner but I'll once over it. Has the nice Oregon ko41 mount bar too.
The s25 is dirty but will clean up nicely. Good compression and insides

The 365 alone over a 026 any day. Heck I would take a Poulan 3000 305 or Craft 3.0 over a 026.

going to look at a cl 3400 today, $35. description is very sketchy. only one photo. wondering what significance "WIZARD" on the starter cover has. anyone know?

View attachment 407570
Got the saw. Apparently sat in a barn for 2-3 years and had all the barn stuff like dirt daubers nest, straw, dirt etc. started up on a prime. B&c pretty rusted, lots of dirt, oil, grease etc. some paint loss but everything seems to be there and sound. Should clean up ok. Where's the SN on these hidden?

Latest posts

Back