Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The images don't come up for me. I think you have to download the pics to your hard drive and them post them.
I am guessing if it doesn't look like a 3700 / 3800 it's a Roper saw. I have never run one but I don't think it's in the same power class as a 3700 / 3800. The other option (and I'm only guessing) could be a Poulan 306.
I have one of those but there's no Sears PN on it. The tag just says 306A.

Which bar should I use? 27 or 32?
f4e1ed5b5b18c6ecf387e3f0707b081b.jpg

That is true...a damn fine cutting saw in stock form regardless :) can't wait to get mine running. My uncle gave me his after not running it for a number of years. Will probably only need a fuel system rebuild to make it right again

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys
There's a new one on me.....
Clutch puzzle on a freebee craftsman 2.1PS and freebee S25DA. Both saws now run great with new fuel lines.
On the S25DA It came to me with a 1/4 chain and worn out spur clutch. I changed it all to 3/8LP and keeping the old hard nose bar. I may go back to 1/4 on this one. I really like the way the freebee Stihl 015L cuts with the 1/4 chain. It previously was my only 1/4" chain saw.
I discovered the 2.1 has a mini 9 spline rim clutch, Oregon 19779 (normally 1/4" chain), and it had a 3/8 rim (3/8-7-9) on it. Now the guy had a 3/8 LP chain on it , but it fits incredibly sloppy on the rim which is not worn at all. A regular 3/8 chain fits so much better on the rim and if I read it right, the craftsman IPL shows a "3/8" barracuda chain on this saw. However the bar tip seems to be right for 3/8LP. Bar looks almost new/unused. Is the rim supposed to be for regular 3/8 chain?
I'll probably convert to all 1/4 anyway.
As always
thanks
Dave
ps whats a husky 121? Nothing on acres site...it also uses this 19779 drum sprocket

Here is a pic

No brake so I guess it's a US model.

Images don't show for me either. For reference, blk05crew posted a photo of the Craftsman 3.7 / Poulan 3700. The differences between the Roper models & the Poulan are pretty clear if you're familiar with both. My understanding is some of the gray CM 3.7s are 3800s. One quick way to tell if it's a Poulan is the exposed bar on the lower rear handle by the body.

I did see a pic of it and it was an early red Poulan-Craftsman saw, possibly a Simpson Sears saw. He decided the drive was a bit too far for it and then it was gone anyhow. Looking at it, I suspect it was a Canadian model as it did have a rear vented AF cover which shows up on a lot of the 3400 saws here.

Latest posts

Back