Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Dads...a local pawn has a poulan pro 375. Starts and runs. Seems to oil. Good paint. The AV mount (the magnesium part) is busted, but doesn't seem to affect it. $55 out the door. Should I buy? I have been wanting a 3700 for awhile.

Thanks Guido, Jeremiah and fossil.

I have several later model micro variants, some of them runners, all of them electronic. Assuming I can't scavenge them - or can I?

I am only interested in keeping the s25cva, as I appreciate its build quality the most.

I'll wait this one out, not in a panic. I'm sure I'll find what i need, I'm still trying to ID the correct p/n's. I see lots of the later electronic ones.
58a367aad359469aff77e107bd2b17cb.jpg

This isn't on a Poulan saw, it's on an old Husky but I wanted to ask you guys cause I respect your opinions. And you may not be able to tell from the pics but here goes.
You think this piston is usable? I haven't seen it in person but as you can see in the pics it looks pretty dark at the top and looks like light scratches towards the left of the piston. A lot of carbon built up there. Obviously I won't be able to completely tell until I get it, but initial thoughts?

IMG_9860.jpg
IMG959402.jpg

without seeing more can't say for sure. having said that, I have saws that look much worse that run well. how's compression?

Thanks, not sure, like I said I don't have the saw yet, those are just pics I was sent. If it's not usable it's not the end of the world, I'm getting it for other parts as well.

This isn't on a Poulan saw, it's on an old Husky but I wanted to ask you guys cause I respect your opinions. And you may not be able to tell from the pics but here goes.
You think this piston is usable? I haven't seen it in person but as you can see in the pics it looks pretty dark at the top and looks like light scratches towards the left of the piston. A lot of carbon built up there. Obviously I won't be able to completely tell until I get it, but initial thoughts?

View attachment 454017
View attachment 454018
That looks good to me. I'd check compression too

Back