Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was cutting up some more Ash this morning. Nice cool morning to boot! Thought I would go "old school" on this one. Well, more old school than I normally do. ;) Gave the old 245A with 24" bar, a chance to get some run time. It worked flawlessly, especially after it got warmed up. Old Poulans never seem to disappoint.

245ASH%20010_zpsnl1mzwjj.jpg

245ASH%20014_zpshajj4ply.jpg

245ASH%20011_zpseec5auvq.jpg

Gregg,

I was cutting up some more Ash this morning. Nice cool morning to boot! Thought I would go "old school" on this one. Well, more old school than I normally do. ;) Gave the old 245A with 24" bar, a chance to get some run time. It worked flawlessly, especially after it got warmed up. Old Poulans never seem to disappoint.

Gregg,

Very nice Gregg! Cool pics and video, thanks!

Gregg,

A convincingly formidable saw in a small package. That just made my day.:)

Gregg,

Do you have a gas powered splitter Gregg?

Do you have a gas powered splitter Gregg?

YES... I do Tim. I wouldn't get much done anymore, these days without one. Its a 3pt. mounted splitter. I used it the other day to quarter that bigger stuff I cut last weekend. Didn't take any pics... I use it in vertical mode to bust up the big ones. Still it was all I wanted, just to roll and position them around. Hell to get old...LOL

Here is that big Ash I cut last week end. Still have to final split it.

245ASH%20015_zpsfxqr6juy.jpg

Its a Speeco. I since modded the wedge, added about 3" of steel to it. (much better). My old splitter would not do vertical. So I got this one several years ago. Helps us Geezers a lot. :)
SpeecoSplitmaster%20009_zpstvodbdnu.jpg

Gregg,

Was browsing EBay after selling my 4000. A guy posted a 4000 for sale for $245 as I recall. The recoil said 4000 but the air filter and muffler were from a 3700. I asked the seller if he was sure it was a 4000. He responded that it just sold locally. I'm betting he pulled saw from EBay.

Well I ran a couple of tanks through my newly ringed s25da today pruning/blocking up a large tree in the yard. With the base gasket removed and the new rings from Otto's, it has fantastic compression. It ran very strong. The power is almost comical for the size really.

I did manage to lose 2 out of the 3 recoil cover screws sometime while cutting though. Little thing sure does vibrate without the AV. I must have looked funny on my hands and knees crawling around the yard looking for them in vain. Oh well.

Well I ran a couple of tanks through my newly ringed s25da today pruning/blocking up a large tree in the yard. With the base gasket removed and the new rings from Otto's, it has fantastic compression. It ran very strong. The power is almost comical for the size really.

I did manage to lose 2 out of the 3 recoil cover screws sometime while cutting though. Little thing sure does vibrate without the AV. I must have looked funny on my hands and knees crawling around the yard looking for them in vain. Oh well.

They do cut quickly. I'm waiting for an AV version to come up reasonably priced.

I once lost one of the muffler bolts from my PP380 in the woods bucking up a Hickory tree. I used my old Fisher metal detector and found it! If ya have one or know someone that owns a detector, they will work.

Gregg,

Ok
8fbcb501ba0b94812e04654b3bacc281.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Got a question for you S25guys. Not that it matters any, just was looking at the pic of the S25AV and was wondering why they don't have the rubber AV mount on the rear of the handles. Maybe the rear just doesn't make much of a difference of the vibration absorption on these saws. ??

Here is a pic of my older S25 Counter Vibe. Has rubber iso mount in back.
S25DA%20004_zpsmtriqttb.jpg

This is a pic of my PP S25DA & Mike's S25AV No AV at rear of either, of course my DA has neither.
S25DA%20amp%20AV%20007_zpsvhhl1tez.jpg

Gregg,

Was browsing EBay after selling my 4000. A guy posted a 4000 for sale for $245 as I recall. The recoil said 4000 but the air filter and muffler were from a 3700. I asked the seller if he was sure it was a 4000. He responded that it just sold locally. I'm betting he pulled saw from EBay.
If I didn't need a pile of money to fix the foundation on my house, your saw looked very tempting.

Latest posts

Back