Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back I commented on my older 5200 Just up and quit running. Well I put a carburetor kit in it and she starts and runs great now. It is amazing how many times I do that with positive results

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

It's funny isn't it, sometimes I wonder if I should just buy a bunch of carb kits for various models to just keep on hand!

It's funny isn't it, sometimes I wonder if I should just buy a bunch of carb kits for various models to just keep on hand!

Yes, you should!
And hang on to the extras that you don't use immediately in the kit.
They come in handy a lot more than you would think!

Mike

85696387c6fa664e2821dfbc77a74e43.jpg

Took the 4900 out for a little play time this weekend. Yeow!! That thing pulls! Runs way better when you open up the H side. I swear it was cranked down shut by the previous/original owner.

4900 tank leaks at the seam when full.... Grrrr.... I'm too scared to split the tank, so thinking of using redkote and hoping for the best.

I just picked up a large amount of small Poulan parts, PM me lots of smalls, just putting it out there,

I have a few of those leaky tanks as well. I wonder if Roger could weld them up??

So I got the homelite rings for my 361 and got them filed down to fit. Installed them tonight and put the saw back together. Cleaned the carb, put a new short piece of fuel line on it that goes from the carb. Cold compression with the new rings was 145 psi. Is that good for this saw?
Also, how do I replace the fuel line inside the tank, please don't tell me I have to take the handle back off!
I had these small pieces left and I think they belong in one of the oil line fittings, is that right?

20151208_001327.jpg

Cleaned up the muffler too and got all the white crap off of it.

20151208_001352.jpg

can't help you on the extra fittings but to replace the in-tank fuel line you will need to unscrew the fuel pickup fitting. this is a double ended fitting that transitions from the in-tank to the out-of-tank fuel lines. it is right under the fuel tank just above the sprocket/clutch assembly. it faces to the rear of the saw. it is where you hooked up the fuel line from the carb. may need to use some kroil, liquid wrench, or other help.

can't help you on the extra fittings but to replace the in-tank fuel line you will need to unscrew the fuel pickup fitting. this is a double ended fitting that transitions from the in-tank to the out-of-tank fuel lines. it is right under the fuel tank just above the sprocket/clutch assembly. it faces to the rear of the saw. it is where you hooked up the fuel line from the carb. may need to use some kroil, liquid wrench, or other help.

Thanks, I was thinking that was how it was done, it looked that way in the manual but I wanted to make sure. Do you know is 145 compression right around where this saw should be?

Extra parts should be for manual oiler

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Ok so they go in the manual oiler line that comes from behind the clutch cover. Do you know what order they go in? It's super hard to see anything in the service manual pics.

Ok so they go in the manual oiler line that comes from behind the clutch cover. Do you know what order they go in? It's super hard to see anything in the service manual pics.

are you sure they do not go to the carburetor? Choke friction ball.

So I got the homelite rings for my 361 and got them filed down to fit. Installed them tonight and put the saw back together. Cleaned the carb, put a new short piece of fuel line on it that goes from the carb. Cold compression with the new rings was 145 psi. Is that good for this saw?
Also, how do I replace the fuel line inside the tank, please don't tell me I have to take the handle back off!
I had these small pieces left and I think they belong in one of the oil line fittings, is that right?

View attachment 467914

Cleaned up the muffler too and got all the white crap off of it.

View attachment 467915

I'm not sure about the fitting, ball and spring but I might hazard a guess that it could be the fuel tank vent in the cap.

Latest posts

Back