Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With screw
b3ae2816cd7dab12a468f7b7fe8abdb4.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I have a few of these and have been trying to sell some, and I can't get $60 for them. That's the minimum I want to take for the 2-3 hours of my time I have into cleaning, repairing, tuning, sharpening and testing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a seller on eBay who listed several Poulan and Craftsman saws that he had rebuilt.

The good part was he went into a lot of detail about the repairs and replaced parts.

The bad part was he put too much money into common "homeowner" models; he'd would've been very lucky to break even, much less make a profit.

A common homeowner model that is bought really cheap and just needs the basic carb kit & fuel lines & filter is one thing. Having to replace both the piston & the jug is something entirely different.

Then tank vent on pp395 disappeared evidently, so I put a poor mans version in to get me through the day. While it was apart I noticed the fuel line had a nasty kink where it goes between the case and cover. Found the right size spring and it looks like it should work. This saw runs very well so I'm looking forward to using it today and this weekimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm trying to sell a MAC 3216 right now. Fresh carb rebuild, new lines for fuel and oil, chain is very sharp with lots of life left, starts/runs/idles/cuts/oils as it should. I advertised it for $60 or BO knowing full well that I wanted $50 for it. I had a guy offer me $45 this morning (it's been for sale for over a month) and I turned him down bc honestly, it's worth $50- beyond the value of the machine itself, my TIME is work $50 on its own. I got the saw for free, and I have around $15 in parts into it.

I've been buying/fixing/flipping dirtbikes for years and I know all about not putting in more than something is worth haha. The guy this morning told me "no used saw is worth more than $40, I'm doing you a favor offering you $45..." ...smh, get real dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All, good afternoon. I’d like to recognize and thank Bob, AKA “redunshee” for a more than proper trade. About 10 or so days ago Bob offered me his Poulan 3400-4000 CV chain brake in trade for a good drive cover. The offer occurred in this thread. I sent Bob a fairly nice drive cover, and here is what he sent in return. The pictures show the saw it will be mounted on, before and after pictures including a little spit and polish, and a proper decal I had just for this purpose.
Bob, thanks very much. I will get it mounted when it’s warmer here or when I have more time. Stay safe and warm, Max.

Attachments

• Poulan CV Chain Brake From Bob Redunshee.jpg
    Poulan CV Chain Brake From Bob Redunshee.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Poulan 4000 For CB.jpg
    Poulan 4000 For CB.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Poulan Chain Break with decal.jpg
    Poulan Chain Break with decal.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 32
All, good afternoon. I’d like to recognize and thank Bob, AKA “redunshee” for a more than proper trade. About 10 or so days ago Bob offered me his Poulan 3400-4000 CV chain brake in trade for a good drive cover. The offer occurred in this thread. I sent Bob a fairly nice drive cover, and here is what he sent in return. The pictures show the saw it will be mounted on, before and after pictures including a little spit and polish, and a proper decal I had just for this purpose.
Bob, thanks very much. I will get it mounted when it’s warmer here or when I have more time. Stay safe and warm, Max.
Wow, looks a lot nicer with the decal. Very happy with the trade as I just stuck on a 3700 decal on the one u sent me.

Back