Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The opposite happened with the 18" B&C setup, it went loose, due to no oil.
Here's what I have.
487d4d85cd7c7cefedef9eb32c8af7c7.jpg

d66380b059b5d26fd8644229efa83680.jpg

6012149bdc775399e57c5365e96d699d.jpg

My 6 tooth sprocket has an m also.

Steve

Mines a 16" bar, got a 14" one in the barn somewhere lost in time that I'm going to put on a 2000 dumpster find. Guess they could get it to run so out it went. They had replaced spark plug, fuel lines and installed a new carb kit too. Problem was they put the kit in wrong, soon as I saw that and put it together correctly saw ran like a champ with slight carb tuning. Had a nice chain and Forester bar on it, til I went to take it off, chain rusted to bar in one spot and bar groves for about 6 cutters line was pitted and rusted thin, shame.

Steve

Sure would be nice. I love tinkering and do all my maint between my 8 saws. This site helps a great deal. This bar issue just has me stumped.

Wow. Short bar

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

One of my 6000's came with a 21" or so bar like that on it. The power head is huge on those and makes them look even shorter.

Unfortunately that is the most efficient size bar on those and there .404 X 8 sprocket. LOL

Have not seen you here in a while hope all is well

Thanks
Yeah its all good, just been way occupied with work, projects and getting some wood put up for winter.

I hope to get back started on some saw projects soon, there starting to stack up.

Latest posts

Back