Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm renovating a 295 and the bolt that holds the AV spring to the cylinder broke trying to remove it. Any thoughts on a good way to get the broken piece out without wrecking the cylinder?

Thanks

drill bolt for easy out, then heat jug in oven b4 using easy out while it's still hot. 250-300* alum expands more than steel. will also "unlock" Loctite.

IMG_1793.JPG IMG_1794.JPG

A 2150 series, neighbor's saw run on E10 at 40:1. Wouldn't spool up, or as he technically stated "wouldn't pull a limp **** out of a bucket of lard" LOL!

Looks like the elastomers were leached out of the metering diaphragm, but the grey greasy slime in the screen & blobs of it stuck to the pump diaphragm petals had it all plugged up.

Caught in time, good runner! He said he's using pure gas from now on.

There is a Poulan 223 on Fleabay now, good ad pictures to see the features prior to the later 245 & 306 series
Learned that these early ones used the japanese ND branded coils & FWs....but it's been rattle paint can sprayed,
or prob would be worth collecting (and if offered at a lower price).

Pic B.jpg

There is a Poulan 223 on Fleabay now, good ad pictures to see the features prior to the later 245 & 306 series
Learned that these early ones used the japanese ND branded coils & FWs....but it's been rattle paint can sprayed,

View attachment 578673

He's pretty proud of that, his 925 and the 361 bow.

He's pretty proud of that, his 925 and the 361 bow.
He sells very high dollar, He has purchased from me before and always negotiates for his best price. I am pretty sure i know where he gets his saws to rebuild. He has had many that he has sold. That color actually may be period correct.

He sells very high dollar, He has purchased from me before and always negotiates for his best price. I am pretty sure i know where he gets his saws to rebuild. He has had many that he has sold. That color actually may be period correct.

Heck I plan to sell my 306A as soon as tomorrow if I can get some pics posted. Asking a lot less (like $75) just to get rid of it.

My first foray into Poulan repair was a success. Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw fuel being pulled up the new fuel line as I'm tired of doing carb kits.

Where do you guys source new foam for the intake?

View attachment 578912
if my memory serves me it's similar to the S25 da filter. Have seen them on eBay though it wouldn't be difficult to get some foam and make one.

My first foray into Poulan repair was a success. Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw fuel being pulled up the new fuel line as I'm tired of doing carb kits.

Where do you guys source new foam for the intake?

View attachment 578912

Different size Bob. They are still available. I think someone is making them. Price is usually less than $3. The PN is 530023791

I don't see any sponsor in the site that carry this stuff so...
http://www.mfgsupply.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=530023791

I made mine out of foam we get in some of our part boxes that GM ships to us. Not restrictive but not course either. If i can blow through it and it's fine cell foam, it's a go. Been using it in one of my 2000 with no trouble and oil has not deteriated it yet.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

View attachment 578673

It is interesting to see the progression they went through in a short time. One other item of note is the location of the fuel cap on the 221-222-223 saws how they were back next to the AF cover and got moved to a more convenient location on the 245.

As to the ND flywheel, they also carried over to the early 306/245 saws for a short time. I know the Thirty oh Six model was 1971 and still used it.

I don't think I have ever seen a brand on the coils but the early ones were yellow and used a smaller high tension wire then the 7mm used later one which was black. From what I found they can be mixed and matched, the later flywheels were Wico branded.

The clutch's on the 68-69 200 series were different then the later saws also, they were 4 shoe with double springs and again carried over at least a couple years into the 306/245 saws.

I also found there were 2 different 4 shoe clutch setups, both with 4 shoes but one had them at 90 deg apart while the other had a spider that looks to have been capable of using 6 shoes and it also had a screw on tin cover. Then in the 100 blade saw application they used only 2 shoes..

100_1916 (Custom).JPG 100_5894 (Medium).JPG

I bought a few of each for the Micro and Deluxe saws from Jack's Small Engines and MFG Supply, if you buy several and some other parts to help spread out the shipping costs they are quite reasonable.

Mark

I got a couple small items just a week or two from MFG supply and they were willing to use USPS for shipping which made it quite reasonable but I called in the order and asked about it.

Latest posts

Back