Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted an ad on here but I thought I'd hit you guys up too. I'm in need of a 3400 starter pulley oem number is 530069290i believe. Or the whole starter housing as long as the pulley teeth are good. Thanks
Let me look. I have several recoil assemblies of various colors. Not sure how many have the pulley.

How collectable is a Model 46? I have an opportunity to pick one up with a bow, seems big but interesting. I'm sure it hasn't been run in years and would probably be a project; any idea on what the compression on an old saw like this should be? Thanks

Bows by themselves seem to go for big money on the bay, it might be worth buying for the bow alone, especially if it can be used on later models. If I get it I'll post pics.

Picked up a Craftsman 3.3 recently. In pretty good shape but the is a gauge above the intake port. Don't think It will clean up. Anyone have a 3300 cylinder that's useable?

My strongest running 3400 has a gouge above the exhaust port. You'd cry if you saw it. Take any sharp edges off it and see how it runs. You might be surprised.

Has anyone else tried to get a hold of the guy that has the 4200 listed on Craigs in Pittsburgh? I left a message with contact info about an hour after it was posted and no reply. Tried to contact later in the day no answer - messages full. I figured I would take a shot even after reading the ad. Here's the listing content:

"Couple ac with remote compound bow and 4200 poulan chainsaw trade for car open to cash offers as well"

It's the holiday season I'll be nice with this one and say nothing...

I did see the ad but never replied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many different top handle version and models did Poulan make. This is the first super deluxe I've seen, ive seen a few micros. What's special about a super deluxe? Don't know exactly what model type the other one is.

Steve

They made so many models of that Micro as you know. The Super XXV deluxe may be just another 2300. A few models had a chrome plated cylinder like the 2350 and the PP180 and likely a bunch of others. Maybe a larger carb? Other than that, I can't think of anything else that would be different so I guess you'll have to do some ID on the parts against a standard 2300 IPL.

I don't see many Poulan Micro's up here. Tons of Micro rebrands in Sears, Skil and Canadian Tire models. The Craftsman models run faster as they have better colors and stickers. I only have the one Poulan and that's a nice PP180 (38cc) that a friend found in the dump.

Latest posts

Back