Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled the super down some today, one of the cylinder bolt holes is stripped out, will have to put a insert in the case for that. It has electronic ignition on it, does have fire. The piston looks almost new and so does the inside of the cylinder, it's nice and shinny. The other had no spark, pulled it down and found it has points. Filed and set gap, now it has spark, didn't pull the muffler on it to check piston or cylinder, forgot. That will be Saturday after next project. Did find the nose sprocket stuck on the banana bar, another project to look into.

Steve

I posted an ad on here but I thought I'd hit you guys up too. I'm in need of a 3400 starter pulley oem number is 530069290i believe. Or the whole starter housing as long as the pulley teeth are good. Thanks
Found one. Pic attached. I'll remove pulley to
I posted an ad on here but I thought I'd hit you guys up too. I'm in need of a 3400 starter pulley oem number is 530069290i believe. Or the whole starter housing as long as the pulley teeth are good. Thanks
found one. I'll remove pulley to save shipping. Send address.
Found one. I'll remove pulley to save shipping. Provide address.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
oh i see now, picture was not there for me earlier, that is a somokin deal, the 4200 looks to have a black top on it?? the suga bar is cool also, there are a few guys from Pa. that would like to have those i am sure, hook em up Kev.

They know already and about 4 guys wanted the 4200. ( I was wondering if a 5200 with 4200 recoil cover myself?)
Have to pick up local. He wont ship to the hook ups. Trust me I tried to even get him to ship to me then I would take care of who wanted what. But he wouldnt. So I quit trying.

Just showing to always check your saws you take in before selling to others. Even though you are told everything is right in the world.
The gasket is shown on outside of carb and between the air filter base. The metal part where gasket goes onto inside intake boot was missing. IMO it would probably have gotten a air leak and burned up if not caught by new owner.
Going to put in new echo oem lines for impulse and fuel while in there. Plus the right size fuel filter.

**** forgot pic of the HD 3 shoe clutch for new owner.

Turned out the 3450 parts saw I took in too has a busted tank on it I wasnt told about. I was checking it over to see what it needed for a build. Dang throttle lock area broke off the tank.
cheesy.gif
rolleyes.gif

ptabb.jpg ptabb1.jpg ptabb2.jpg ptabb3.jpg ptabb4.jpg

I like those Tim Allen saws I'd like to find one cheap someday

I get them into collectors hands. No need for them on my shelf as I use others in 60cc.

A local logger wanted this one to limb with.
But I didnt really want the saw to get fubarred when I know guys want them for collecting. So there is 2 guys that want it when done on my site.

Hi! Just thought I would show what Santa brought (via Craigslist). Runs great. Got it and a Echo 452vl (with it's original case) for $180. :dancing:I would say the 5200 pulls as hard as my P-50, but weighs less.View attachment 621108 View attachment 621109

Just curious, but do you have an "S" clip of some other spacer on the bar studs for that Windsor bar on the Dayton?

Yeah, the case is probably more rare than the saw. Guy said his dad bought them new around 1980. The Echo is like new.

Attachments

• DSC03935.JPG
    DSC03935.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Back