Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Tim, it has a "S" clip. I tried to mount my McCulloch 28" on it, but no go. The tail on the Mac bar is too narrow. The Windsor bar is for a Homelite, same mount as my 450 Homie. The Mac bar isn't a normal D176.

Attachments

• DSC03946.JPG
    DSC03946.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC03947.JPG
    DSC03947.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • DSC03948.JPG
    DSC03948.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
And it's a genuine McCulloch bar...... Is this what is called the D276? Only oil feed is thru the bar adjusting holes.

Attachments

• DSC03942.JPG
    DSC03942.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
Yes, Tim, it has a "S" clip. I tried to mount my McCulloch 28" on it, but no go. The tail on the Mac bar is too narrow. The Windsor bar is for a Homelite, same mount as my 450 Homie. The Mac bar isn't a normal D176.

I thought I'd ask as I couldn't figure why the chain was standing off the top rail on the bar. Most of the older Poulans came with Windsor UXL mount bars with a spacer.

That saw should pull a lot harder than a P50.

Yes, I could really lean on the Dayton/5200 in that oak. The P-50 ain't no slouch...... Either of them will pull much harder than the Homelite 450 or my 038 Super.

And it's a genuine McCulloch bar...... Is this what is called the D276? Only oil feed is thru the bar adjusting holes.

Pretty sure you would have to drill oiler holes like a D176 has to make it work on the 5200. The Windsor bar from your Homelite should work OK.

D009 Husky mounts work as well. Can't remember if I did anything with the oil hole or not on he Husky mount.

Found a Oregon 280RNDD176 for $70 on sale with free shipping, so by the time that gets here, the cold snap hopefully will have past. The Mac bar is for my 7-10. The Dayton pushed 170 lbs compression... Thing should have a decomp on it...

The plan was to swap bars, put the 24" on the 7-10 and the 28" on the Dayton....... I assumed the bar on the Dayton was a D176.... :nofunny:

Thanks Tim! It really was a find! Like I said, I thought it was a big Dolmar. Goes well with dads 3400 and my Craftsman 3.7/18. Cold here this morning, -27C. How's it up there?

0 deg F this morning and that's a bit cool for December. White Christmas with a fair bit of snow for the Toronto area. We send most of it to the south side of lake Ontario.
Very windy the past few days.
I don't think we even hit temps that cold anytime the last couple of winters. Ice conditions for fishing should be good this winter. I love getting out there with my lawn chair on the ice.

Thanks good to know about the Husky bars! The -27C/-16F was the coldest temp for 2017, including last winter. Ice building on the lake behind my house now! Time to get a 2-stroke with some real power, my 104 HP Firecat F5! Since the subject of bars for Poulans came up, what about my 335? Looks like a K095 would need the oil hole moved down and back a little? Has a 16" on it now, which I like. .325 66dl, .050 I would like to stick with as my small Dolmars run that size chain. The PP335 was a easy fix, the guy tried to rebuild the carb and had the metering diaphragm next to the carb body, gasket to the cover...... He took it to a dealer, they told him saw was junk...... I felt his pain and slipped him a 20 for it..:rock:DSC03698.JPG

Thanks good to know about the Husky bars! The -27C/-16F was the coldest temp for 2017, including last winter. Ice building on the lake behind my house now! Time to get a 2-stroke with some real power, my 104 HP Firecat F5! Since the subject of bars for Poulans came up, what about my 335? Looks like a K095 would need the oil hole moved down and back a little? Has a 16" on it now, which I like. .325 66dl, .050 I would like to stick with as my small Dolmars run that size chain. The PP335 was a easy fix, the guy tried to rebuild the carb and had the metering diaphragm next to the carb body, gasket to the cover...... He took it to a dealer, they told him saw was junk...... I felt his pain and slipped him a 20 for it..:rock:View attachment 621237

The .325 pitch bar for that saw would be an Oregon A041 or K041 mount (I am not sure what the difference is as I have both for the Poulans and they look the same to me). They oil through the adjuster holes. Not to say other bars won't work. Have fun on your sled!

A041.gif

cc2dcd0e93463fba2710489179e6fd02.jpg
enough said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back