Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a quick look on EBay last night and saw a 4000 with a BIN of $100. Looked in great shape so CAD took over.

I have two 4000s, one was bought as a runner that needs work for $40 and the other was a nice one but it got beat up pretty bad by the grapple at the scrap yard but the cylinder, crankcase, top cover, filter cover and carburetor all survived, so I just need to find a blown up 3400 make a hybrid. I am just going to wait and find out of a a junk yard pile one day. The only problem is I keep finding only ones with compression. I haven’t found a blown up one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done looking around, no luck. Bearing isn't that bad, I popped the ones out of my old piston and pressed them into another. Reason I done that was the wrist pin was too small for my rod that came with the fake new one, piston.

Steve

I have two 4000s, one was bought as a runner that needs work for $40 and the other was a nice one but it got beat up pretty bad by the grapple at the scrap yard but the cylinder, crankcase, top cover, filter cover and carburetor all survived, so I just need to find a blown up 3400 make a hybrid. I am just going to wait and find out of a a junk yard pile one day. The only problem is I keep finding only ones with compression. I haven’t found a blown up one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a good price on the 4000, about what I gave for my 3700 complete top end with crank.

Steve

Nothing cheaper than wood noodles to start a fire. I've got a ton of fat wood put up and some dried out cider. Lost most of my cider last year when we were burning brush and logs at our hill side brush dumping area. Dad thought he had his side of the fire brake fixed up,and found out an hour and 1/2 later it wasn't. Fire jumped and got into my cider stack.

Steve

Back