Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you would leave it sit on a shelf till you passed or would you just flip it?It has different sticker on it the box texas ....the saw shreveport usa there is a bar code from some one the man bought it from with a number i call them his wife said he bought it and passed away it had been in the box like that and i believe her....and i see a bar code that says canada but is covered by tape when i try to remove the tape it starts to peel it the booklet the number 530-083691-04/27/95.... the side sticker makes me think its at least 1996? so why would you not run it?just for resale value?

Has nothing to do with resale value or $$ , Unused is only once, more of a display item & history piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A old, new in the box, I would never run, even if it was 8500. Maybe replace the lines but preserve the saw. Lightly lube the cylinder and crankcase and re-grease the chain pulley bearings. It would be for admiring only and for who ever to see. Once it gone, no more bringing it back. Just save what few that are left, new in the box. I won't be using my 5200 much, when I do, it will be babied.

Steve

maybe i should just redoe the fuel lines lube them up polish and put on shelfs in my man cave....or better yet over me desk.... the wife will love that idea LOL....

I see all these collections people loved get sold off after they are dead and gone ...It makes it hard to not fix the fuel lines and fire it up.....My son is pretty cool though he is 11 and loves everything i own....maybe i will do the lines and leave them to him....to late to decide why i never did the lines on the one.... i knew if i did .... i would have to fire it up....

Back