Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Mr Todd.
490564ebb3e3ec80f99016a1eeffccc7.jpg

Steve

Can anyone help with seals for a 25DA? The IPL I have shows one seal as the crankshaft seal part number 19051. I assume that the saw uses the same seal for both sides? Also I've read that there are two seal numbers from SKF and Timken that will work if I can't get a pair of the 19051 seals?? SKF/CR-5510 is a good aftermarket replacement. National/Timken 313156. Anyone try or sue these?
Thanks

Can anyone help with seals for a 25DA? The IPL I have shows one seal as the crankshaft seal part number 19051. I assume that the saw uses the same seal for both sides? Also I've read that there are two seal numbers from SKF and Timken that will work if I can't get a pair of the 19051 seals?? SKF/CR-5510 is a good aftermarket replacement. National/Timken 313156. Anyone try or sue these?
Thanks
According to my chart, both will work. PersonalIty like National/Timken seals. Same seals for both sides.

Steve

Well, I got set back a day finishing up on the S25CVA, due to a molar extraction! That’s the second split-in-half upper molar tooth in a little over a year.

The “Mud Dauber” saw is restored & is a strong runner, but will have to do something with that ghetto handle bar covering...electrical tape.

EA25B18C-DCBD-4981-B09A-4A67CFE2A60D.jpeg

The smaller size Stihl rubber handle covering fits these 3/4” handle bar, if I remember correctly. Stihl #0000 781 2009.

It’s time to get the dish soap, air adapters & pressurize the whole roll up, to slide a piece on...turn the air off, then use a tubing cutter to clip the covering off straight at the desired length on the bar.

Updated: This new Stihl tubing looks like the factory covering, got two blisters on my hand now...but got ‘er on.

2B444643-185E-469A-8001-4DF66B4034A0.jpeg

Question, what are you doing after you run a saw that is going back on the shelf. Do you drain the fuel, run the carb dry, nothing. So tell me
I used to run it dry but then I tried this can fuel . It is good for 5 years in the can and 2 in the saw . I found it will even soften up ethanol hardened diaphragms . Smells like race fuel . I use it for all the shelf queens for storage . I buy it on sale and date the can . Most is made by VP in a generic can .
IMG_3434.JPG

Back