Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have had 2 friends hit deer on theirs.

When I bought the house I sold mine back in 94 for down payment. **** was scary back then. Couldnt imagine with all the folks today in cages texting etc while driving.
Always thought about another one, then I think about it. Nope.

When I was 16 my buddy took me for a ride on his 650 triumph went on a 15 mile let's scare the crap out of todd as we went down the center of the road in heavy traffic. Never got on a road bike again other than that 750 triple and that was only cuz he hurt his hand and I took it home. Probably saved my life, loved dirt bikes

rode lotta different bikes over the years. 170 [slow now] mph sport bikes, british twins, few hd n one italian v-twin, few dirt bikes....
liked em all.
the hd pic'd is what i want in a hd. under 600 lb, decent brakes n handling. put it together few yr ago, usin parts from 80-05. bout $5k in it.
go fast part not as important anymore. tho it is gettin 95 kit n gear drive cams this winter.

Recently picked up a 245sa. Last night flushed tank and added fresh fuel to it and it fired right up and sounded great! Can't wait to run it in some wood.

The bar on it is complete junk. Any suggestions on a bar for this saw? I'm thinking of running a 20" or 24". Not sure about what bar it takes or if they are available anywhere20181101_224550.jpg . On my Macs I've converted some over to D009 Husky bars. Am I able to swap a Poulan over to those too?

Converted my Poulan 306a to a large mount Husky. Just needed a bar spacer. Here’s a pic of my Harley.
c9db49174602cb4e5f4b7e1a51c597dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently picked up a 245sa. Last night flushed tank and added fresh fuel to it and it fired right up and sounded great! Can't wait to run it in some wood.

The bar on it is complete junk. Any suggestions on a bar for this saw? I'm thinking of running a 20" or 24". Not sure about what bar it takes or if they are available anywhereView attachment 682953 . On my Macs I've converted some over to D009 Husky bars. Am I able to swap a Poulan over to those too?

Here's the bar that I put on my 245 rebuild.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044TXV1I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do sleds count? Lol

There's a few others not in this shot. I just sold my old trailer while waiting on a new 4 place to come in, so had to pack 'em in the garage. Ugh
View attachment 683013
We have 4 sleds in Vermont. However most of my February trips end up with too little snow to use them. That and it’s so expensive with trail fees and insurance.

Man those things would be fun. Do you use them much?

Pre-children I rode a lot...2500-3000 miles per year. Usually got to northern Maine and rode Quebec once a season, rest in northern NH. Then came kids and didn't ride much, always had a couple oldies hanging around to still get a few hundred miles in each year. Now kids are older and riding their own sleds. Sleds are still older, but we are starting to go more often again.

I'm also into vintage sleds, so I have a couple of those to keep me busy year round. That love of old stuff spills over into love of old saws, and a '37 Ford hot rod pu I'm building.5626127421.jpg 20180804_175035.jpg

Back