Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've gapped the 7700 rings for the 4000 they seem to slide nicely cant see any issues. Dont tell anyone but I used a 4inch angle grinder the file was going to take three years. Mite get the bottom end together tonight if i get a chance fun fun good times wahoo. Just like to thank all you good blokes on hear for sharing the great knowlage I couldn't of got this far without it.

Well that sucks but you are doing good, if you back track a little it just makes the fun last longer. I just got 2 #253747 seals in the mail yesterday wish you were 11761 kl or 7308 miles closer I'd let you have them. Yes I'm up to take a leak, back to sleep, later mate

Haha that's a long way yea ill order more in an hour or so thanks for the thought.

So you ended up using a pair of the #24679 rings, after setting the end gaps? That’s a good workaround right there!

Yea Tim's idea he had herd of it done before so had to grind about 080 ish off just gently with out overheating.

The download is in this thread. But I tried to print it out and then took a pic so the folks on chainsaw repair group could see it too.
FB groups dont allow the link like in the thread. http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-445-pics/

Here you go so you can see too. IMO best of the series.

DSCF1247.JPG DSCF1249.JPG

It was one of those 20.00 parts saws that only needed a new fuel line, so I bought another parts saw that needed a fuel line, didn’t get another saw, this was a all metal covers saw and had a oil problem sometimes so I made the first check valve and that fixed it. Great runner

Back