Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. My auto parts store said they’ve never brought either of those numbers in before.

These are the best guys for bearings and seals in the valley. They will bring in pretty much anything. Lots of bearings in stock and never a problem getting seals. I usually order ahead and they are sitting there when I go up that way to visit my folks. Cheaper than the auto suppliers. They are out past 33.

http://www.appliedcanada.com/branches/location.aspx?id=BCKelowna

Question for the day
You need to sharpen your chain and it's a little gummy.
Do you soak it and in what
Do you hand file or machine grind
What else do you do
How do you reoil the chain
Hope this is interesting
Gummy chain: mineral sprits.
Sharpen chain: machine grind, then dip in mineral spirits and blow dry. Chain gets oiled when I fire saw up.

Steve

It's ALIVE!! Thanks to the help of the members here my 3800 is up and running again with a new P/C, clutch and rim sprocket, and a freshly rebuilt oil pump which works great. Now if I can just find some time to get it in some red oak and fine tune it. Thanks guys,you're all great.

Looks like the sluggish AS site is now fixed & we can post up pics again...

Passing on a tip for a workaround for the Poulan 306 & 245 series felling spikes, or dawgs as some call it.

The intermediate sized Stihl 045/056 spike #1115 664 0500 can be quickly mounted by only drilling one hole & grinding back the lower tab at the rear. Stihl spikes are usually available for less than $10 shipped.

I can’t seem to find the Poulan #530002378 spikes anymore at a decent price, and l like to keep one mounted on my firewood bucking saws to help from bashing/beating up the front of the saw cases.

The Poulan mounting nuts & bolts are an oddball #12 size.

image.jpg

Back