Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 713400 Apparently we do have them and there a pest but are only in the waikato river and lake taupo in north island introduced in the 1870s. I never even new. But yea down here nah. We have the best salmon gene pool in the world in the rakia river. Something to do with something in Alaska lol and they come down here and get eggs and take them back to Alaska can't remember why or for what reason.

But nah no bass. Basically this little country before the white man came had birds, insects, reptiles and eels no mammals at all no other fish aww fresh water crays but yea alot of small flightless birds. It's over run with rabbits,pigs,deer,cats,stoats,chamois,rats, all the little wankers Haha. The poms wanted some hunting and woopsy. Bloody wallabies too.
Deer and wabbit, time to break out the Remy for the deer and Mossy for the wabbits.

Steve

That's a big long cat, I don't eat rabbits, son inlaw and his folks do, I just like hunting them with the beagles. Deer, that's a different story. All I do is rack hunt on our place. 8 points or bigger is the rules I setup, doe if they have been around for a good while. We've had plenty does for the past few years. That's winter meat.

Steve

Now I finally get what you guys are on about lol are they tasty? only get salmon, flounder, eel and trout here for fresh water fish

What does eel taste like and how do you prepare it? One of those few foods still on my list to try someday.

Only seen it on a menu at the Japanese restaurant.

Most here smoke it if done right it can be yummy if not it's like a boot Haha. I have no idea what right is I'm from a trout family. Mmmm trout and then salmon people put there noses up at trout haha.

Big dan the 1st saw I ever bought when I was 18 and dumb was a old green micro and it ran but was gutless and didn't have alot of compression I gave it to my step dad and I think it hot biffed out:( wish I still had it my nabour has 1 and he won't part with it the bugger lol. So other than the 4000 I grabbed there the only proper old poulans I have seen. They are around perhaps more of an area thing.

Hotshot I mean only cos I see you fella's have of heap of fresh water fish. We got good stuff in the sea just not around here on our coast it's just shingle and boring for a few hundred ks

Most here smoke it if done right it can be yummy if not it's like a boot Haha. I have no idea what right is I'm from a trout family. Mmmm trout and then salmon people put there noses up at trout haha.

Big dan the 1st saw I ever bought when I was 18 and dumb was a old green micro and it ran but was gutless and didn't have alot of compression I gave it to my step dad and I think it hot biffed out:( wish I still had it my nabour has 1 and he won't part with it the bugger lol. So other than the 4000 I grabbed there the only proper old poulans I have seen. They are around perhaps more of an area thing.

Hotshot I mean only cos I see you fella's have of heap of fresh water fish. We got good stuff in the sea just not around here on our coast it's just shingle and boring for a few hundred ks

If you've got a 4000 at least you have one of Poulan's best.

Big ice storm moving in here tonight, got the generator ready to go and stocked up on firewood but if we get the 1/2 " to 1" of ice that is in the forecast I'll have downed trees blocking the driveway and will have to cut my way out. Good thing I have a good saw or three!

We got the snow and you get the ice!

Jethro, very nice 4000 and video. How do you like the chain brake on yours? I have three saws so equipped and love running them. My 19 year old uses one because it adds an extra measure of safety as opposed to a saw without a brake. It's a personal preference of mine, and for her with our PPE. She'll still work on a saw now and then with me if I ask nicely! Max.

Jethro, very nice 4000 and video. How do you like the chain brake on yours? I have three saws so equipped and love running them. My 19 year old uses one because it adds an extra measure of safety as opposed to a saw without a brake. It's a personal preference of mine, and for her with our PPE. She'll still work on a saw now and then with me if I ask nicely! Max.

Thanks mate yea I like the brake it's nice and small not in the way at all. It's a great saw I like it alot

Forgot to say that's really nice your daughter comes out and runs a saw with you:)

It's a nice one too with new rings and a little bit of TLC

That is a nice Canadian 4000, how did that end up down under? Couldn't really tell from the vid what bar length you're running, is that a 16" or 18"? Whatever it is that wood is no match for it.

Back