Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much going on, is everyone doing well and staying warm. We got 5" of snow today, early it was coming down so hard you couldn't see across the road. Wind was making drifts, almost had to fire up the saw to cut my way out to feed the horses . All is well

1edee01839694ebb67e3f9797ef29832.jpg

It’s been nice here today broke out some short sleeves yesterday and finished burning some brush. It crept up in the 70’s here as well yesterday. And today with another nice day and the wife just left for work. And I had to take some PTO this morning so I could keep my son while my mom takes her mother to the dr. Then in to work for me. I’m debating on taking my 4200 with me to see if I can get it straightened out there [emoji16]. I love my job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seems too early.

Steve

Did you see the world record Crappy caught up here in Tennessee at over 5 pounds? You imagine the slabs you pull of of that sucker. Yes probably out of all the freshwater fish atleast here the crappy are some of the best to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20190207-165657_Google.jpg Apparently we do have them and there a pest but are only in the waikato river and lake taupo in north island introduced in the 1870s. I never even new. But yea down here nah. We have the best salmon gene pool in the world in the rakia river. Something to do with something in Alaska lol and they come down here and get eggs and take them back to Alaska can't remember why or for what reason.

But nah no bass. Basically this little country before the white man came had birds, insects, reptiles and eels no mammals at all no other fish aww fresh water crays but yea alot of small flightless birds. It's over run with rabbits,pigs,deer,cats,stoats,chamois,rats, all the little wankers Haha. The poms wanted some hunting and woopsy. Bloody wallabies too.

Big ice storm moving in here tonight, got the generator ready to go and stocked up on firewood but if we get the 1/2 " to 1" of ice that is in the forecast I'll have downed trees blocking the driveway and will have to cut my way out. Good thing I have a good saw or three!

Back