Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the manual says, you're doing a great job. Put a little light grease in the pulley hole and nowhere else.

Alright. I’m hoping I can the idle worked out this evening. Kinda hard to walk outside and leave a 3 month old inside. I’ll have to wait till the wife gets home and go out and start tinkering. Initial carb setting are 1 turn out on high/low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure the the wife would love him smelling of 2 stoke smoke. Holy smokes I don’t think I’d hear the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1a58a5d9-84d3-407e-9b8e-6298b37a1741._CR493,0,720,720_PT0_SX300__.jpg

Ya they get a little protective about the baby's, last thing you would hear is the safety coming off

Lol just Freaking lol lol.

Love the kid in muffs pic.

My boy loves his and saws too20180902_084941.jpgexcuse the macs. They are nice macs at least

Farmertec Clutch for Poulan 2900 (Husqvarna / Poulan OEM part 530014949)
Just wanted to convey my experience buying a cheap chinese part for my cheap plastic Poulan - may help someone doing a search for info in the future.

My old Poulan 2900 is still running fine, and I did not really need a new clutch for it. But there were a couple of pieces on the original factory clutch that were chipped/broken off from removing it with a Jerry-rigged tool years ago, and when I decided to convert the saw to a rim sprocket, I thought I might as well replace the clutch too. I found a Farmertec part on Amazon for $7.00 , no tax, no shipping, so I though that was a good price and ordered it along with some dirt cheap chinese rims. The Farmertec clutch works, but it wasn't perfect.

I have a genuine Husqvarna clutch removal tool now, part number 530031112, and it fits the original stock clutch perfectly (as expected), but it would not quite fit into the notches on the Farmertec clutch - the pins were VERY close to fitting, but the notches were almost imperceptibly too small. It took a fair amount of work with a small stone on a Dremel tool to open up the notches and get the tool to fit. The clutch steel was way too hard for my round file to do the job, so I was glad I had the right sized stone for the Dremel available. The metal used on the Farmertec clutch is clearly very different from the stock clutch, but it does seem to be working just fine after installation.

Back