Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you saved it, would have been a shame to see a 3700 that nice just go to waste, I can't save them all but we sure can
Local amish chainsaw shop dropped it off for me. customer didnt want to put the money into it so the amishman saved it for me. He knows i collect them good to have friends.

Hahaha kind of envy the Amish way of life. Well some things anyways
Say you want to get around in a horse and buggy, bet you ain't going 50 to 100 miles in a couple hours. Oh, put that chainsaw and nail gun down, ain't gonna need it. [emoji38]

Steve

I have a Poulan 3800 in Craftsman 3.8 clothing. In trying to understand the difference with the almost identical 3700 I've gleaned the following:

* 3700 - earlier model, chrome bore with alum piston
* 3800 - later model. alum bore and chrome piston

Is this accurate, is one better than the other, and did they switch the chrome/alum arrangement in the 3800 to save $?

You have a good understanding of the 2. Not sure if one is better than the other but the 3700 has thin rings and is a little bit stronger depending on who you talk to. Craftsman also has the 3700 in red with the thin rings. They are each a great saw and fun to play with

Back