Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why they made the 3800. 3400, 3700, 4000, .3 cubic as you go up, why the 3800.
I bet ModifiedMark would know.
Steve

Craftsman only had the 3.7 right? so I think to be Different poulan said it was 3800 in their own colors

Sent from Tapatalk

Not a saw or Poulan question, what would make fuel push into the engine, engine off, sitting in the sun for about 30 minutes or so. I'm thinking needle not seating good but the blower runs great. Never had or have any running issues what so ever. Problem started last summer, didn't use it any in the fall to get up leaves cause my back wouldn't let me. I put a quart of fuel mix in it Sunday and fired it up and ran it for 10 minutes and shut it off. Went to start it Monday and it hydro lock, a lot of my fuel was in the engine. Pulled the plug, flipped it over and blew it out, installed plug and fired it up. Haven't checked it again cause I've been getting in at dark 30.

Steve

Not a saw or Poulan question, what would make fuel push into the engine, engine off, sitting in the sun for about 30 minutes or so. I'm thinking needle not seating good but the blower runs great. Never had or have any running issues what so ever. Problem started last summer, didn't use it any in the fall to get up leaves cause my back wouldn't let me. I put a quart of fuel mix in it Sunday and fired it up and ran it for 10 minutes and shut it off. Went to start it Monday and it hydro lock, a lot of my fuel was in the engine. Pulled the plug, flipped it over and blew it out, installed plug and fired it up. Haven't checked it again cause I've been getting in at dark 30.

Steve

I've had saws come in doing that. Leaking by needle seat.
Sometimes a build kit and new needle can fix it. Sometimes it dont if seat in carb messed up for some reason.
My WAG

Having a known good carb on hand is worth its weight in gold for quick testing. ;)

Craftsman only had the 3.7 right? so I think to be Different poulan said it was 3800 in their own colors

Sent from Tapatalk
Craftsman offered both, first the 3.7 and then the 3.8. The 3.7 was red, and most 3.8's gray and black, but I've read a few 3.8's were also red - probably using up old cases in the transition.

The only difference between the 3.7 and 3.8 seems to be what was chrome plated, the cylinder or the piston. My theory for the change is this was a cost saving move and it must be cheaper to chrome a piston than a cylinder. Also from what I've read, the 3400 always had an alum cylinder and chromed piston like the 3800/3.8

Back