Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get the case halfs cleaned up today and see if I can spot the place where the leak was. Have a new tube of Hondabond on hand. Should be a easy fix just have to get it really clean. I'm thinking that is why it was sold, just wouldn't run right for them. Had me fooled after I put rings in, it ran great, but I didn't run it for more than a few minutes at a time. It's a runner in waiting

Internal alarm clock. Wasn't thinking Bob on the gasket, I knew it took RTV, but it's been a long hot miserable week. Finally got rain yesterday but didn't last but a few minutes. Woke up this morning and had rained again. Not complaining about the rain, need it bad. Just hope it's cooler today. Putting seals in the diff on the Whites tractor this morning so it should be cool.

Steve Sidwell

As for me it's water weekend, up at 5, 530 and go with the 3 other guys that share the pump and check out the ditch, get the water turned our way and start the pump 7.5 hp and we water 10 acres with 2.5 being mine. Got the bill and my part is 67 .30. All fun

I'm going to make the adjustments and do another quick fit and then I'll cut out a bunch with the material I have. Should be easy now. I left my saw on the bench so I can check it easily.

Oh, is there any solution to prevent the oil pump plate from getting tons of crap down in it? I've only put 3-4 tanks through the saw since I replaced the pump a month or two ago and it was full again. I'm tempted to cut a rubber piece that can sit around the manual pump rod and prevent most of the crap from going in there.

I have thought about a gas pump but everyone said it is to expensive in the long run. Total bill for one month 260.00 dollars seems like you could buy a lot of diesel or gas.
And at that price, get another pump when it goes out is 5 or 6 years of heavy use. We run out generator for less than that all day on Saturday at the farm powering up the barn. We're now looking at a heat pump for year round use to cut back on heating. It's a package unit and free with low use.

Steve Sidwell

Oh, is there any solution to prevent the oil pump plate from getting tons of crap down in it? I've only put 3-4 tanks through the saw since I replaced the pump a month or two ago and it was full again. I'm tempted to cut a rubber piece that can sit around the manual pump rod and prevent most of the crap from going in there.
You putting the piece of foam in the pump housing also aren't ya also?

Steve Sidwell

We run the pump 38 hours every weekend, wish I knew more about fuel v electricity. It's single phase 220
On the foam cut a piece of 1/4 foam 1 x 1 and fold it in half and slide the rod through it at the end of the plate

Latest posts

Back