Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys, I've a guy that's wants to trade a running saw for a skillsaw 1624. Is it poulan made saw? If so what model?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Have to adjust the cut settings for future ones. Have a little more or this material left. But cut out 19. Took about 15 minutes to cut then had to separate everything.

Attachments

• 08B7157D-FA96-4B45-A13F-70C28D225A9B.jpeg
    08B7157D-FA96-4B45-A13F-70C28D225A9B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • 06711471-49B2-4A51-843F-FDF1A8DF0B67.jpeg
    06711471-49B2-4A51-843F-FDF1A8DF0B67.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • D72F587A-FE1B-4786-9C45-282B7DE7C32F.jpeg
    D72F587A-FE1B-4786-9C45-282B7DE7C32F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Ok guys, I've a guy that's wants to trade a running saw for a skillsaw 1624. Is it poulan made saw? If so what model?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
I have a Skilsaw 1631, they were made in Canada by Power Products. Mine is 69CC’s and the same as a Power Products model 340.

Pm me if you want a oil pump diaphragm. Going to look at trying to cut out a few more with the material I have then move on to gaskets for the 3400 - 4000. Focus probably on the intake and oil pump. Unless someone desperately wants a base gasket I'm going go to cut one. I'm not going to order more material for the diaphragms until the ones I made are gone. Should be able to squeeze 9-10 more out of what I have I think.

Saved this little saw from a scrap yard. The bright green jumped right out at me.

It has good spark. and feels like good compression while pulling the cord. Air filter housing and gas tank were full of gunk. Going to clean it up and see if it has any life left in it. The fuel that was in it was rotten as all get out, and the fuel lines are harder than the ground. So a bit of TLC is needed.

View attachment 754118 View attachment 754119
Since I love the little 25 series, I’ll use your pic to head off my theory on the lack of old Yellow saws in the Atlantic area. Last year I finally found a 25 in near mint running condition at a farm auction, and it was a rebadged Sears. Got it for $15. I’m from a 4 generation commercial tree care family. My Dad and uncle started climbing long before they had small saws for climbing. They both had 3 foot hand saws for climbing use. They went through almost every saw offered after WWII. What I remember as a little kid were Malls, Disstons, Macs and Homelites. Hadn’t even heard of a Poulin. By the time I went to work for Dad, in 72, Homelites were King in the mid Atlantic area. Lots of Macs, very few Stihls, and fewer Poulans. We had a climber come to work for us that had an XXV as his personal saw. That thing was like a Yellow Jacket next to a Honey Bee. Dad switched to the 25’s and never bought a Super EZ after that. But, the big Poulans couldn’t out work the Homelite XL925’s, Super 1050’s, or 2100’s. The support system wasn’t available for them either. So, not many were in use around us. Skip forward to the Wild Thing era. They got such a rap as a cheap home owner saw, most saw shops wouldn’t take any Poulin in on trade. They would tell the customer to just throw it in the scrap barrel on the way out. It wasn’t till I found AS that I started seeing an interest in old Poulans.

For you guys that think it’s hard to find big Yellow Poulans, how many of you have big White ones? I’m going to an auction this week to bid on one with a 48” bar. I’ll post pics if I get it.

Back